Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 06:09 PM

Strictly boring

Back in the 1960’s we decided that some ballroom dancing lessons would be good. Anthony Franks came highly recommended. He had a dance studio in Hanover Buildings, just off the town centre.
On our first visit Mr Franks asked us if we could dance at all. We replied that “Yes, we can waltz”
“Show me then”, he waved his arm towards the dance floor and we did a little waltz in the corner.
He rubbed his chin & with a kind of withering look declared,
“That’s not dancing.......... you’re just going round in little circles, not getting anywhere”

"Does'nt that sometimes seem a bit like life.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 06:17 PM

Re: Strictly boring

Life certainly feels like that. My latest saying is "I've come full circle " I've danced my way through teenage life, two broken marriages , being wife , mum, girlfriend and now nanny , I've been here and there and back again. Recently changed my surname back to the young teenager I once was , am a lot better at dancing through life , stopped stepping on too many toes ! Still waiting for my dancing partner too.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 06:23 PM

Victor Sylvester must have been before your time Susan.

If only they'd bring back the St Bernards Waltz, the Veleta, even the Gay Gordons (sic) . I'd be back in vogue
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 06:24 PM

Every day there's frustrations, and at the moment i feel as though i'm not getting anywhere? Lots of idea's but not doing anything about it.. so life goes on... Umph!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 06:25 PM

My father tried to dance-not easy for a 3 legged elephant with gout. He lost it on the waltz-1....2 what comes next??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 06:26 PM

I can't go round in circles anymore RJ - me feet are firmly placed
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 07:09 PM

Well, I'm a lover of dance and like to shake my booty now and again. Yes, you get stuck in life sometimes, but hey, that's life.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

07-06-2015, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Well, I'm a lover of dance and like to shake my booty now and again. Yes, you get stuck in life sometimes, but hey, that's life.
Thanks thats what I want to hear
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

07-06-2015, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I can't go round in circles anymore RJ - me feet are firmly placed
You are a national treasure Patsy
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->

If only they'd bring back the St Bernards Waltz, the Veleta, even the Gay Gordons (sic) . I'd be back in vogue
You can dance these in the Blackpool Tower Ballroom any day of the week

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top