Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 12:18 PM

overkill

I spoke to my neighbour earlier..

They are always fragrant people but this made my eyes water.

Why oh why is it necessary to use so much product that it smells as if you have been dropped in a vat of the stuff?

Im not exagerating when I say that as they walk out of the door a trail of scent precedes them.

Its the shower gel, deo, body spray, aftershave (or perfume) hair products, etc etc that all hit you in one great wall of smell..
Theres no way I could sit in a car or small space with them and as for eating out with them I doubt Id taste anything because of the smell of their body products..

Is this a new way of identifying people? Are we to just follow the scent or is it an alternative to bathing? Maybe its to ward off evil spirits or something, I know it keeps me at bay.

Im not sure what it is and I dont object to anyone wanting to smell nice but there is a limit.
I wish they would just use a bit of old fashioned soap and water.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 12:31 PM

Re: overkill

Funny this Cass - I was just having a moan about so many products being perfumed
I have to get me washing conditioner online that is zero fragrance - none of the big stores sell it.
I bought some hand cream yesterday may as well have been a tube of perfume, had to scrub me hands three times to get rid of the smell.
Fed up with all these products stinking the place out - so I wouldn't have yer neighbours over for tea
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 12:56 PM

When i go outside in the back garden, there's a waft of perfumed washing powder/conditioner every so often that's coming from the laundry room from next doors, it smells nice but it's over powering. Why would you use so much in your wash, surely it would ruin your clothes after a while?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
When i go outside in the back garden, there's a waft of perfumed washing powder/conditioner every so often that's coming from the laundry room from next doors, it smells nice but it's over powering. Why would you use so much in your wash, surely it would ruin your clothes after a while?
They seem to produce them strong and very thick now
When I go to the laundry room, we have to wash out the whatsit, 'cos the last user used the bloomin stuff and it sits their in the compartment. Just the once I didn't wash it out, and had to re-wash me sheets as it had contaminated them with that awful overpowering smell
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 01:56 PM

I notice an overpowering laundry smell from next door's flat.

As for after shave/perfume, I so agree! Since having two nose ops (for deviated septum) I've been unable to tolerate most smells of that type.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 02:09 PM

I'm assuming your neighbours actually wash first and don't just put the perfume on top of every other bodily smell . It's the smell of stale perfumes that I don't like.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 02:11 PM

Stronger the laundry perfume the better for me I like mine to smell nice long as possible. Doesn't ruin clothes no idea why it would Thicker the better too because I water it down and it goes 3- 4 times as far

I don't mind a slightly stronger perfume either better than a body smell which offends me more.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
When i go outside in the back garden, there's a waft of perfumed washing powder/conditioner every so often that's coming from the laundry room from next doors,
That must be nice I get eue de sheep wafting over the fence , they do smell strong some days
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 02:21 PM

Bet that clears your sinuses Meg
Ah ... yes ... the lovely aroma of the countryside.
There's a farm near me with exotic, heady and sensual eau de sillage.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 02:26 PM

Sorry ladies but I have to admit to occasionally using aftershave. A bottle lasts me about 20 years !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top