Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 01:17 PM

What Nationality

If you could choose a nationality other than what you are, what would you choose ?
I can't choose Irish as I'm 3 quarters full - so I would choose Italian - love the music, food and the look of the place and the language is so beautiful too .............
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 01:26 PM

Re: What Nationality

I am Irish - and love it - but, if I really had to choose, I would be Italian for the same reasons, Patsy.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 01:41 PM

Italian for me too. Most of our holidays are in northern Italy, the lakes or the mountains.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
If you could choose a nationality other than what you are, what would you choose ?
Dunno Patsy - never really thought about it.

My problem is that I've never felt truly at home in the UK because I wasn't born here.

I feel at home in the Mediterranean - anywhere in the Mediterranean area because that's where I was born - in Malta.

I suppose I'd like to be Maltese, and I will tell you why.

In 1996, when my wife and I went to Malta for our honeymoon, we went to the actual place I was born and the area the family lived in that I do still vaguely remember, strange though that may seem.

Two days later, in Valletta I saw a Policeman besieged by tourists asking questions so I got in the queue to ask him where the Births & Deaths Registry was.

He sighed then politely turned to me and I told him my story.
The next thing that happened was we were herded down Republic Street to the Registry where this policeman paraded me into the Chief's office and told him I was born here!
All the staff gathered round, welcomed me back and shook my hand.

It was one of the most unexpected, emotional moments of my life and I will never forget it.

To this day I still feel Malta is calling me, just like an old Maltese guy told me in M'Tarfa that day - "she never stops calling" he told me and he had come back from Australia to the place he calls home.

M'Tarfa is where I was born. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 02:10 PM

Mexican so I could be where my beloved Chihuahuas originated Or Tongan I believe they like us fat people
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 02:12 PM

Nice story Steve
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-05-2015, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Mexican so I could be where my beloved Chihuahuas originated Or Tongan I believe they like us fat people
Ah Tonga - the friendly place - just the ticket eh
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 02:16 PM

I've never wanted to be anything else but Scottish,though I do have lots of Irish blood running through My veins as three of My G/Parents were Irish,but no matter where I go in the World,I always long to be back Hame in dear auld Scotland wi' My Ain Folk :~)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-05-2015, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I've never wanted to be anything else but Scottish,though I do have lots of Irish blood running through My veins as three of My G/Parents were Irish,but no matter where I go in the World,I always long to be back Hame in dear auld Scotland wi' My Ain Folk :~)
Yea but you're supposed to put those emotions aside and choose one
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 02:26 PM

lol,ok...as I'm a feisty passionate Gal I too choose Italian...Detto fatto ;~)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top