Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:14 AM

Let us know how we did today.

Let us know how we did today, the latest phenomena to plague harassed shoppers going about their daily lives, minding their own business.

How many times have you been accosted by an invitation to complete a "satisfaction" survey.?

It is irritating & pointless.

And qnother thing, the ubiquitous "We'll match anyones price"
If they're truly competitive they'll be cheapest anyway.

One more thing, do we really want"2 meals for £10" with eating out growing a pace, is this one area where we want thye cheapest.

No ,we want good food with excellent service.

All the surveys in the world count for nothing when confronted with the greatest marketing strategy........ PERSONAL recommendation.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:18 AM

Re: Let us know how we did today.

I have done a couple of customer surveys - in the hope they will stock what I'm looking for
Hi RJ
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:22 AM

You see, if you were satisfied with your experience, the store owner will sack another member of Staff.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:31 AM

I have had a lot of those surveys lately particularly when shopping online.
I think one company may be sorry they asked
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:43 AM

I know we get peeved by this question sometimes but these companies aren't actually fishing for compliments, in fact adverse comments are much more useful to them than complimentary ones.

As an ex part time mystery shopper I know that major companies spend huge sums trying to get their service right which ultimately benefits us all, so the next time one asks then just tell it like it is and maybe you will be doing us all a service...
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:44 AM

You get it online too. Visit some site and some silly popup fills the screen. Hate the damn things. Another hate of mine is that bloody stupid 'accept cookies' prompt imposed by the EU.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
You get it online too. Visit some site and some silly popup fills the screen. Hate the damn things. Another hate of mine is that bloody stupid 'accept cookies' prompt imposed by the EU.
What happens if you don't accept them - I just carry on regardless ..............
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:50 AM

RJ, I couldn't agree more.

I am fed up to the teeth with being questioned by strangers on everything I buy.
When I go shopping, there is nobody lurking about in the supermarket foyer demanding to know what I think of their pork pies or packets of cereal, nor is there anyone in the doorway of any other shop, who stops everyone and expects answers.
Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, or anybody else, don't send letters to my house for me to fill in about my shopping experience either.
So why do these other wretched firms contact us?
I did the odd one or two in the beginning, but now just about every single thing I send for over the internet, I am quizzed over within a few days afterwards.

I believe I started a thread about this a while back, but it's got worse and worse since then, so I very rarely answer them anymore.
Is it just another way of getting our e.mail addresses to sell?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I know we get peeved by this question sometimes but these companies aren't actually fishing for compliments, in fact adverse comments are much more useful to them than complimentary ones.

As an ex part time mystery shopper I know that major companies spend huge sums trying to get their service right which ultimately benefits us all, so the next time one asks then just tell it like it is and maybe you will be doing us all a service...
So how come some companies don't seem to take much notice of surveys Barry
I have been filling in survey for M&S for many years as I am sure many others have done pointing out that the are trying to be 'all things to all people' and succeeding with none and I made a list of suggestions.

I think their trading figures on everything but food bear this out and they are beginning to take note based on this.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

Yup, I agree with that, Mark. Very irritating it is.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top