Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 06:39 PM

Uni sudents..

Are they really the brightest of us all?

OH was listening to two young women in front of him today.. One was saying how her mother had married in her early twenties and had her ... What waste of your life they agreed..
Neither one seemed to realise that if the mother hadnt had her child the person in question wouldnt have been standing there!

Then they continued about their life plans no way were they getting tied down..
No said one she had read in the paper that uni students lived longer now days so it was quite acceptable to have a career and wait until 45 or 50 to have a child...

I hope they werent studying medicine because they obviously hadnt heard of the menopause either..

Then talking to my own niece who is also at uni about having a family meal. I suggested a nice place and mailed her a link. She called me saying she didnt think much of the menu , she hadnt heard of most of the things , she asked whats geordie soup?

I was really puzzeled until she said 'it says here soup do geordie'

I had to smother a laugh soup du jour... Geordie soup.. really!

Seriously are these the brightest among us? If so I worry about our futures..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 06:44 PM

Re: Uni sudents..

Amazing you say this 'cos we have the same thoughts, so many of them are a slovenly lot, can't cook, wont cook, don't wash, wont wash - ask daft questions like 'how do I use this washing machine thingy' and drink themselves silly ............ makes you wonder for sure ........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 07:42 PM

The trouble with many students is they have intelligence but lack common sense
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 07:44 PM

I know it’s traditional for older folks to slag off the younger generation and vice versa, but this particular crop take the biscuit for lack of common sense. Only recently a 16 year old lad from up the road knocked at the door saying his Dad (who I know well) wanted to know if I could lend him a sledge hammer, I went out to the shed and got it, handing it to the young lad he lifted it by the handle stared at it and said “Oh so that’s what a sledge hammer looks like, I thought me Dad was having me on” I’m not joking you.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 07:54 PM

Maybe some of them shouldn't even be there?
If the bar was set higher they wouldn't!
Are exams easier? Oooooer, opened a can of works now
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The trouble with many students is they have intelligence but lack common sense

Sums it up about right, Meg.

Cass - Had to chuckle, look again at your thread title. . . (just pulling your leg gal).
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 09:40 PM

Where I used to work we had a lot of uni students doing summer work and the things they thought they knew but didn't ! only ones who were less prepared for real life were the army officer cadets who, well if they were what we had to rely on to protect us we may as well surrender before the first bullet was fired.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 10:20 PM

Is this "an aren't we wonderful aren't they rubbish thread".
It is rather a shame that the title has a spelling error.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Is this "an aren't we wonderful aren't they rubbish thread".
It is rather a shame that the title has a spelling error.
Yes a shame that I wasnt as great at multi-tasking as I'd hoped..

Its not a case of we wonderful at all ..It just a bit of fun , if you read the papers or watch the news its sounds as if being a uni student is the be all and end all of everything and that they are going to save us all from ourselves....

I was just pointing out that book wise isnt always life wise..
My DIL was a med student, when she got a flat tyre on her bike I asked if it was really flat or just soft..
She replied ..Well...its only flat at the bottom..

She was brilliant at her studies but boiling an egg was beyond her.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Maybe some of them shouldn't even be there?
Part of the problem is that these places are NOT unniversities. It's a disgrace that by subterfuge and publicity many colleges of technology and arts have in the eighties and nineties changed their name to 'unniversity' in the hope that Joe Public will come to admire the people who go there.

I say again, they are NOT unniversities, they may use that word but the output is is no more intelligent than they ever were.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top