Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 05:10 PM

Dress to suit your shape?

Let's face it. We're all shapes and sizes. What looks "good" on one person may look hellish on another. Do you dress to suit your shape and size? Do you follow fashion trends no matter how it would suit you? You don't care how you look as it's what you want to wear and sod anyone else?

I never wear tight clothing as I'd look ridiculous. Don't wear dresses anything other than maxi dresses as I have chunky legs.

Some folk think if you've got it flaunt it. What do you think?

Are you comfortable in your own skin?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 06:04 PM

Re: Dress to suit your shape?

I dress to suit me......never follow trends.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 06:11 PM

I don't have to look at me so I dress how I feel comfortable and happy. Hellish I may be who knows but I am happy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't have to look at me so I dress how I feel comfortable and happy. Hellish I may be who knows but I am happy.
Whilst waiting in an office, a big lady walked in in a smart suit, pencil skirt and jacket - I did a double take 'cos she looked fab !
So, you don't 'need' to wear tents if you are large - she certainly proved that ............
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 07:13 PM

Dianne and I have both lost a lot of weight and inches, and now we're both much happier 'in our own skins'. However, it's always been a case of wear what suits you. I've always been a bit extrovert and like bright clothes.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 07:15 PM

Whatever you feel comfortable in and the colour suits you is the best thing for the mature lady in my opinion.
There is a woman who comes into our local, she’s over 60 and wears the tightest clothes she can get, and her skirts are always far too short for the pair of legs she’s got, she looks so ridicules with bits bulging out all over the place, it’s like when you have a half filled balloon in your hands and you squeeze it. Money is no problem to this woman, her hubby left her well provided for when he died a few years back. She’s a tough old bird and nobody has the nerve to say anything about it to her, she thinks she’s gorgeous, that's the sad part of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 07:19 PM

Sad or wonderful ? generally we all put ourselves down far too much, so seeing anyone own their own look and believe they look good no matter how I feel about it, always makes me feel happy for them.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 07:32 PM

I just wear what I feel comfortable in , have to admit I do have lot of clothes ,
About 15 stone have no fat , but I dont like tight clothes , prefer loose fitting
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 07:53 PM

You can look great no matter what your shape as long as you dress to suit it, loose baggy clothes look bad on very slim people and very tight clothes look bad on large people, it's fairly simple really.
Most people can get away with a mixture, find out what makes the most of the best bits of your body and takes attention away from the not so good bits.

Very tight clothes and short skirts are not flattering on many other than the very young, and over 60 if you want to look your best, elegant with a hint of sassy is the way to go.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sad or wonderful ? generally we all put ourselves down far too much, so seeing anyone own their own look and believe they look good no matter how I feel about it, always makes me feel happy for them.
She comes in and then sits with the rest of the regulars.This woman is not unattractive in herself it’s the silly way she chooses to dress that makes her the butt of the bar room jokes, especially by the other women, they are far worse at slagging her behind her back than any of the men, that is sad but it can easily be rectified. She would look great if someone took her aside and gave her advice on the clothes that would suit her, that’s what it’s all about, dress to suit your shape, but like you say maybe she’s happy that way, but she looks more uncomfortable than happy to me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top