Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 03:07 PM

Just bought a new PC this morning!

Naughty, or what??

I've been hankering after the Asus all in one touch screen, with tv tuner, but last year it was close to £600. Recently (from February) it went down to £529, then from 21/5 it has been £499! I had gone on to PC World website this morning, idling away an hour before going to allotment, saw the new reduced price and thought, well, I've got to have that. I have paid £9.99 for a delivery slot tomorrow afternoon. So in the morning I will dash out to put in my new scrip to the pharmacist, and get my paper and What's on TV, and get home to await the sight of that lovely huge delivery lorry.

Beyond excited.

Will of course have a problem of where to put it, but a temporary home may be in my bedroom.

I've wanted to upgrade from this desktop for awhile as it is getting full and slow, so later on I can move files over (I want to maybe save the Asus for photos and videos only, and install my Nikon software onto it.) and clean up the disk.

Decided that as it is the growing season I can't be swanning off on holidays just yet so why not?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 03:11 PM

Re: Just bought a new PC this morning!

Good for you Jazzi, splash it out while you can, who knows what tomorrow holds, enjoy it!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 03:18 PM

Ooo - you are clever Jazzi - I'd be at a loss what to do with it ...........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 03:19 PM

Enjoy your new toy Janet
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Ta. LOL at Patsy!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 03:50 PM

I have an Asus all in one with touch screen and have been really pleased with it, apart from one thing....the dvd slot is at the side of the screen and I've had to have this renewed, which wasn't particularly cheap. Now I don't use it, I plug in the little external dvd player, I don't want to risk another dvd getting stuck inside. Mine is a 23" one and I love it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 04:22 PM

Quite right treating yourself Jazzi and I hope you get lots of pleasure from it
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

25-05-2015, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I have an Asus all in one with touch screen and have been really pleased with it, apart from one thing....the dvd slot is at the side of the screen and I've had to have this renewed, which wasn't particularly cheap. Now I don't use it, I plug in the little external dvd player, I don't want to risk another dvd getting stuck inside. Mine is a 23" one and I love it.
Hi Loretta, yes this will have the DVD slot on the side. Hope nothing goes wrong with mine.

My screen will be 21.5".

Thanks Myra. Can't wait.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 04:53 PM

Nice one Jazzi
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 07:19 PM

That's the way to go Jazzi ..... no umming and ahhing, grab it while you can

Hope you have lots of enjoyment with it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top