Join for free
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2010, 08:59 AM

'tardy' tuesday-

-morning all -it was a job to prise myself out of bed-lol. Anyway its dry and snowless -so onwards and upwards. Have a good one
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2010, 10:01 AM

Re: 'tardy' tuesday-

Morning Jim/Chr1s and Hi everyone who follows.
Well, it's a nice day from inside looking out but I suspect it will be a chilly dog walk. We have bright sun and none of the white stuff, I'm glad to say.
I'm racking my brains furiously (poor brain!) but can't think of one single peice of interesting news to impart.
Have a good day all and keep safe to anyone in perilous meteorological conditions
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2010, 11:57 AM

Morning Christian and All

It is a lovely sunny day here, a wee bit cold, but it is lovely! Grant is coming to take both Loki and I to Loch Lomond and it when I looked out my bedroom window I could see Ben Lomond with all the snow still on top and the sun shining over the surround mountains as well, so looking forward to getting away for the day! Loki is all excited as she knows "her" Grant is coming to take her out! I will be able to take her a nice long walk along the side of the loch!

Enjoy your day, whatever you do

Take care.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2010, 03:32 PM

A belated Good Day to everyone. I had a 9 am Dr's appointment this morning. It normally takes me 10 minutes in the car to get there. This morning it took 45 mins due to traffic and so I was late, but that was OK, so was the doctor. I then had to go to the hospital for an x-ray of my problem wrist and had to wait there too. So that was the morning gone... Now time to walk Cinders in a bitter icy wind..
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2010, 03:41 PM

Did you get good news on your wrist Dolly, or do you have to wait for results?

I meant to say that I had a message from Strawberry (Ros) a little while ago. She says she has lost her messageboard mojo and apologises for not being around. I think we all lose our mojo from time to time; it's probably quite healthy to take time off.

It's been a bright day, and the days are certainly getting longer but it's blimmin cold. I opened the door to the postie about noon (he was obv. early ) and said - oh, weather's a bit better but he just scowled and said No - just been peppered with a heavy hailstorm. Oops. Will keep my mouth shut next time
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2010, 04:05 PM

Afternoon all, . .late again, . . will I get my pay docked ? . . .

Been busy as ever, . .there aint enough hours in the day it seems, . . and as the longer days come in it'll get worse no doubt.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Did you get good news on your wrist Dolly, or do you have to wait for results?

I meant to say that I had a message from Strawberry (Ros) a little while ago. She says she has lost her messageboard mojo and apologises for not being around. I think we all lose out mojo from time to time; it's probably quite healthy to take time off.
I have to wait for the results, but as I did the damage to my wrist four months ago and had two falls since then, I think any damage done will be beyond fixing. They thought it was a tendon problem to start with but now the hand and wrist are quite swollen and deformed (cant bend the wrist).

Glad to hear that Ros is OK, I haven't seen her on either site and was quite worried that it was her health problems that were causing her not to post. Hope she is around again soon.

Chris
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2010, 08:53 PM

Hi, all. Finally made it to the market today, just as well as they're now saying 12 -16" more.... Took almost 2 hours door to door on what should have been a half hour trip as the streets are lousy. We got stalled on one street but two nice young men pushed the car so we got moving again. We had to go a roundabout way as the usual streets were in terrible condition. Market absolutely packed with people stocking up again; I got everything I needed but milk ... shelves bare! Aaaugh! So, hunkered down waiting for the snow again.....
dinahsmum
SW England

10-02-2010, 10:28 AM

Good to hear from you DM. I did check that you had appeared on Catsey before I turned off last night!

Dolly - how awful for you. I hope they can do something. I presume it's your right/dominant hand? - It always is

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top