Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 01:11 PM

Pavement cyclists!

I think it is terrible what happened to that poor little three year old who was run over by a cyclist and dragged along on his peddle. He just got up and swore at the family! Absolutely disgusting he should be fined extremely heavily!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 01:16 PM

Re: Pavement cyclists!

I don't think fining is enough we need a proper punishment for this, if a motorist did it they would be behind bars for a while.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 01:50 PM

I'm sure most cyclists are decent enough, but as a motorist and a pedestrian I have noticed that many cyclists have this self righteous attitude, and that being a cyclist exempts them from the law
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 03:58 PM

We go for a walk along the canal most weekends but a major hazard for me is cyclists because I can't hear them coming up behind me.

Today three came up that I didn't hear but a fourth one said to my wife that, as I was deaf, I "shouldn't be allowed out".

If I see this same cyclist again he will be cycling IN the canal. stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 04:02 PM

That is disgusting Steve. It's people like that that makes you want to push 'em off their bikes!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 04:11 PM

This lad was peddling his bike on the pavement? And then had the audacity to shout and swear at the couple over knocking their daughter down.
The police are going to speak to the lad on Monday over the incident.. Too right they should!
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 04:48 PM

There is more than enough legislation regarding riding on pavements and a whole lot of other highway offences I see cyclists breaking. Problem is, the police aren't interested and assuming they were, the penalties awarded on conviction are way too trivial.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 05:03 PM

Excuse me, if anyone shows disdain to any colour or creed, the anti Bigot Brigade always point out, folks of a certain faction can't all be tarred with the same brush, why does this principal not extend to cyclists.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 07:27 PM

I am a cyclist. I use the road and the cycle path ..I have a bicycle with lights and brakes and I put my hand out to signal where Im going..( Im old fashioned)

I dispair of cyclists that cycle on the footpath, have no lights/brakes and use handsignals only when it involves a middle finger..

In our town we have strict lead laws about dogs wheras cyclist can go anlomst anywhere yet these lycra clad terrorists choose to invade the off lead dog area and have killed one dog and injured others.

If anyone complains about bicycles they are almost laughed at by police yet these people are now as bad as motorcycle gangs. They are flouting all the rules of the road , drinking texting even and I kid you not reading a book while cycling down a main road...They come from pavements , driveways and blind alleys straight out into the road and expect other road users to stop for them , traffic lights are just invisible and old people dogs and children have to jump aside to allow these two wheeled terrors to roam at will..

I think its time proper highway code tests were enforced for cyclists and fines for bad behaviour ..
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:14 PM

Mostly when out walking on walking/cycling paths I find cyclists don't often use their bells, if they have them. This is not a problem for most as we can hear them approach. However one member of my walking group is deaf and it has become clear that the cyclists we encounter haven't thought about this possibility.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top