Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 08:00 AM

Sick Pay

Is Sick Pay a good thing for the economy, I think I just heard on the BBC, some Teachers have accrued a whole year on the sick, if they were self employed, would this have been the case?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 08:05 AM

Re: Sick Pay

My husband is off at the moment will be paid possibly in excess of 12 weeks full pay by his firm. Yes it's good for the economy as I can't imagine us not being able to pay our bills and likely eventually losing our flat could possibly be better for the economy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 08:12 AM

The wife has worked for the same employer for 25 years, and is a good timekeeper, fortunately thusfar, has not needed sick leave, if she did, there is no Sick Scheme, so being aware of her ageing status, the likelihood of illness is increasing, as such she is seeking alternative employment.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-05-2015, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My husband is off at the moment will be paid possibly in excess of 12 weeks full pay by his firm. Yes it's good for the economy as I can't imagine us not being able to pay our bills and likely eventually losing our flat could possibly be better for the economy.
That is true of most folks situation, I am self employed, and the Wife has no Sick Scheme, God forbid we are both Sick at the same time.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 08:40 AM

When married, hubby was self employed , he fell off his truck one working day and fractured his hip. Hospilised for a week then home and in wheel chair. That same week I was made redundant . £500 redundancy paid all the household bills off thank god , my husband was not helped in any way by the state although he had always paid full nhs stamp. I was given £70 a week dole money , we lived off this for 4 months . I found another job after being on a training course . When husband returned to work and I started work. A phone call came from the social security telling me we had been overpaid £70 and they wanted it back . I had to send a cheque to them . We had never before , or ever since claimed for help either of us . Worked all our life's .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 08:44 AM

My husband is home sick, he developed a serious lung condition as a result of bad working conditions, the stress the boss then piled on helped to contribute to his heart attack.. Without sick pay we would be homeless through no fault of our own.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 08:53 AM

I didn't get sick pay in my last job in a boarding school. The holidays were long and we were paid during holidays so expected to be sick in the holiday period .

I had one day off sick in 15 years when I had to have an operation . I refused a general anesthetic and had just a local and was back at work the next day
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:23 AM

Something I do think is wrong is the new rules that say if you are ill during your holiday you can reclaim your holiday entitlement and take the holiday at a later date. IMO if you are ill during your holiday it's hard luck but not something to cause problems for your employer.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:51 AM

I think some abuse the sick pay, my neighbour bragged about the new foot wear he had bought on Sick pay ,he levelled a man hole in his garden while he wAs off,so not that much wrong with him.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2015, 10:55 AM

I was a civil servant once-have to say I felt sick most of the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top