Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 09:52 AM

Richard

I'm unsure quite where to post this but I would like to say a few words about my late husband who was born on this day. So if it's innappropriate for me to put it here, pleae move or delete it.

Richard's birthday.
It's over three years since he left this world and I miss his voice, his guitar playing, his intelligent and stoical laid-back approach to life, our endless discussions about nothing in particular lol, his sense of humour and his aura. He was a true gentleman in every sense of the word. My Asian friend, who only met him briefly, often mentions him and says how impressed she was with his manner .. the sort of person anybody would feel safe with.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 09:55 AM

Re: Richard

Rachel, what a touching tribute to your husband. He sounds a lovely man. You were obviously very well suited and in love. You must miss him terribly. Hugs to you xx
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:01 AM

Sounds like a lovely man and you must miss him terribly. Lovely tribute and cannot imagine anyone will not be touched by it Rachel.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:04 AM

Sounds just like my Fabs Rachel
Very sad reflection - but how fortunate to have had this man in your life
Makes me sad - so I will wish you well x
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:28 AM

He can't be with you in person but he'll always be in your thoughts. God bless.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:32 AM

Thank you all.
Since he passed on, I have lost our 2 cats, our 2 remaining fish, my GP, my 2 uncles and my mother. No family left now and life, alone, can be difficult to cope with but I have grown as a person and constantly move forward. Sometimes progress is painfully slow ! lol
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:32 AM

As I have said previously, he sounds and was a lovely man.
Those types of men are few and far between.

(((((((((Hugs))))))))) xxxxx
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Thank you all.
Since he passed on, I have lost our 2 cats, our 2 remaining fish, my 2 uncles and my mother. No family left now and life, alone, can be difficult to cope with but I have grown as a person and constantly move forward. Sometimes progress is painfully slow ! lol
What a huge amount of loss in such a short time Rachel. I really feel for you. You sound very strong and are a credit to yourself x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 10:45 AM

The sign of a good man is that he is remembered always
The more we love someone the harder it is to bear when we lose them , I think that is the price we pay for the privilege of having loved .

Rachel, it is early days for you yet and things must still be very raw . Progress can be slow and I am sure you will find there are good days and awful days but the latter will become less frequent .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 11:27 AM

Sending You hugs and kind thoughts Rachel,it's right to remember the People We loved miss and respected on Their special days,good memories last forever (((((((hugs))))))) xx

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top