Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:49 PM

Perception.

As human beings we are remarkably perceptive, it is said that we can meet someone and evaluate them in 30 seconds, have you ever met someone for the first time and instantly disliked them without really knowing why and were your first impressions proved correct.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 04:52 PM

Re: Perception.

Originally Posted by billclay ->
As human beings we are remarkably perceptive, it is said that we can meet someone and evaluate them in 30 seconds, have you ever met someone for the first time and instantly disliked them without really knowing why and were your first impressions proved correct.
Yes my husband Bill I thought he was a 'smarmy army' type, I couldn't have been more wrong...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 05:07 PM

Depends if they give themselves away, I look for sincere eyes first and a warm smile, if they don't possess those two, I don't bother ......
Then I listen to what they say, how they say it - If I don't like what I hear - I don't bother ..............
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
Yes, and yes.

On the other hand, I have sometimes gone off people that i once liked...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 05:12 PM

You can't judge a book by it's cover, so I'm always prepared to get to know someone.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 06:16 PM

I have met some real looking rough diamonds but turned out to be the kindest people. You can't judge people of first appearance and having been always in customer facing jobs those that sometimes appear trusting just arn't.
Sometimes even ones own attitude can put people off especially if you have had a bad day and about to blow your top
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 06:18 PM

Once... a workmate of my husbands gave me the creeps.. Later I spoke to another wife who confided in me that she would hide in the loo at the works do if he came near..

Then he was arrested for trying to force himself on a girl and hitting her when she refused him..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2015, 07:00 PM

Yes it does happen to me sometimes Bill, very seldom I’m glad to say. Don’t know what it is or how it works but I get this bad feeling when I meet a really bad wrong un and take steps to avoid them as much as possible, sometimes I can get it with someone over the net, don’t even have to see them or meet them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have met some real looking rough diamonds but turned out to be the kindest people. You can't judge people of first appearance and having been always in customer facing jobs those that sometimes appear trusting just arn't.
Sometimes even ones own attitude can put people off especially if you have had a bad day and about to blow your top

I kind of agree realspeed, but to me, it's not only about how someone looks, it's also about how they make me feel. I'm pretty strong on 'vibes.'
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2015, 07:28 AM

It can be very disturbing, when you notice a bit of yourself in someone else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top