Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 11:26 AM

junk drawer

I have a drawer in my kitchen full of odds and ends. Everything gets chucked in there to make the place look tidy.

Anyone else have a junk drawer?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 11:30 AM

Re: junk drawer

Im afraid all my drawers could be described as that, strange thing is i know where to find things.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 11:33 AM

Nope we have a man drawer.. Thats any drawer by the way, and OH saves keyrings, pens, radiator vent keys, odd foriegn coins etc etc in them,..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 11:34 AM

Nom when I worked in an office years ago my boss's desk was like a tip, yet he could put his hand on anything he wanted immediately. It was organised chaos
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im afraid all my drawers could be described as that, strange thing is i know where to find things.

I'm just the same.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Nom when I worked in an office years ago my boss's desk was like a tip, yet he could put his hand on anything he wanted immediately. It was organised chaos
I would not have got away with it when i was married, everything had to have a place, every now and then i have a clear out, and you can be sure a few days after, i will need something that used to live happily in my drawer.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 11:44 AM

I am afraid I have several but I know within a bit what's in them. I really feel it is time to have a clear out but you know the second you do, you will want something you have thrown away!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=Nom;653753]I would not have got away with it when i was married, everything had to have a place, every now and then i have a clear out, and you can be sure a few days after, i will need something that used to live happily in my drawer.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the positives of living in my own, I can clutter me drawers all I want.
and Yes, I agree with always suddenly needing something you've not long cleared out. Even if I haven't used it for years, you can be sure I'll need it if I chucked it away.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 12:40 PM

A couple of times in recent years I have made the mistake of tidying up and I still can't find my address book and favourite comb.
Anyone got them ?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 01:01 PM

I recently saw something interesting & amusing in a shop window. It was a plain metal box, a bit like the old biscuit tins. It was labelled

MAN BOX - INSTRUCTIONS

1 ) Place unwanted items in the box
2 ) Place the box on a high shelf
3 ) Leave for seventeen years

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top