Join for free
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 06:09 PM

Cutting down trees

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-cut-down.html

I had a chap in Chelsea offered me £3000 cash to cut down his neighbour tree that was on away holiday, no question ask , I refused , but he did get someone to do it , his complaint that tree was blocking his light ,

That was about 15 years ago
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 07:19 PM

Re: Cutting down trees

hi markey, iam dead against it -but have to tell u when i moved in 15yr ago i bort a blue australian eucalyptus tree man said dont plant near the home ,so we put it end of 100ft garden -in 15 yrs it grew to 60 foot and wide my neighbor always moaned 'about the leaves and i got worried over the wind 'it was a wonderful tree but had to get a tree man in to cut it all down -which really upset me for weeks .. the branches where hanging over peoples gardens too .. but i still feel guilty over it ...so i went out and bort a olive tree slow growing ... when i move soon iam leaving it
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by toffee ->
hi markey, iam dead against it -but have to tell u when i moved in 15yr ago i bort a blue australian eucalyptus tree man said dont plant near the home ,so we put it end of 100ft garden -in 15 yrs it grew to 60 foot and wide my neighbor always moaned 'about the leaves and i got worried over the wind 'it was a wonderful tree but had to get a tree man in to cut it all down -which really upset me for weeks .. the branches where hanging over peoples gardens too .. but i still feel guilty over it ...so i went out and bort a olive tree slow growing ... when i move soon iam leaving it

Eucalyptus you can nearly see them grow as they grow so fast toffee, they are quite study trees in the wind and not prone to many diseases

Last year we cut down a massive eucalyptus for a customer that was undermining her property , didn't know till the day but the customer was a compulsive hoarder , as the lads were cutting down the trees , she was dragging the branches into her house , must of filled her rooms as she told them for remaining logs and braches take it in her back garden , would of been 3 or 4 lorry load if we toke it all away ,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 08:54 PM

Glad he was fined I don't quite understand why the discrepancy between the cost and what he has to pay ? Poor trees won't recover from that though I would imagine
Markey1
London

14-05-2015, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Glad he was fined I don't quite understand why the discrepancy between the cost and what he has to pay ? Poor trees won't recover from that though I would imagine

If the trees had a TPO or in a conversation area , if you cut them down without planning permission , you can be fined upto £10.000 per tree ,

Its rare to get fined £10.000 per tree , but I know cases were it'd has happen ,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:18 PM

I love trees, and I'm lucky because there are quite a lot surrounding me.
But what does get my back up, is people who plant trees, especially Conifers, and then never maintain them. I also think Conifers should only be allowed in parks, fields and open spaces, they are not for small domestic gardens.

The man next door to me has no lawn, flower beds, veg patch, not even a 'low maintenance garden - nothing, but the entire garden is planted with huge conifers, you can hardly put a pin between them, its like a mini forest.
There is another in his front garden which is only 4ft from my living room window, and it worries me the roots must be all under my bungalow. How on earth can someone be so stupid to plant a tree that close to a building is beyond me.
He has never trimmed them once in the 8 years I have lived here, and when they hang over the fence in my back garden and over shadow my 3 growhouses, it's me who has to fork out for someone to come out and cut the damn things back. They're not my trees, yet I'm the one who has to keep paying out, and they are about 25ft high now, so I can't do it myself.

The lady on the other side of me has just paid a fortune out for her neighbours huge Walnut tree and Laurel to be drastically pruned as well.
I think it's very selfish to plant large trees up against fencing, and assume the neighbours can afford to look after them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
If the trees had a TPO or in a conversation area , if you cut them down without planning permission , you can be fined upto £10.000 per tree ,

Its rare to get fined £10.000 per tree , but I know cases were it'd has happen ,

There are 8 trees with TPO's on them round the corner from me, but builders have moved in and managed to get permission for 4 of them to be removed. It's such a shame, as they are lovely trees, which will now be replaced by brick walls.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top