Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 06:15 PM

Are you a fuss pot?

Now I'm a very calm, patient person. Take folk as i find them. Am particularly unassuming. What's the one thing that I find hard to take? Fuss pots. People who phaff and fuss and make a big deal of everything. Get into the gunnels of everything. Want to know everything. Go into every bloomin detail. I have someone in mind when I say this and I don't like myself for it, but it's the one thing I find tiring. They wear me out!

Is it just me? Life's too bliddy short.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 06:43 PM

Re: Are you a fuss pot?

I never sweat the small stuff, unlike people I know who fret over trivial things like the state of their garden or what colour cushions match the sofa. (Two real examples from people I know in the last couple of weeks) Who needs to bother with stuff like that - I just feel like laughing at them!

EDIT: Oh, and someone else I know pondering over what GUEST TOWELS to buy, for god's sake!! I'd rather shoot myself in the head than get bogged down with tripe like that.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 07:03 PM

Ooh Tachyon, apart from the guest towels, that's me! You can laugh I don't mind.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Ooh Tachyon, apart from the guest towels, that's me! You can laugh I don't mind.
Cranberry, I was maybe a wee bit like that with the towels years ago, but I just feel it doesn't really matter now. I decided to meet all my friends outwith my home, so I don't need to worry about things like that now. I've chosen the easy option
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Ah, I wouldn't laugh in a nasty way. I doubtless have quirks that amuse them, too.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I never sweat the small stuff, unlike people I know who fret over trivial things like the state of their garden or what colour cushions match the sofa. (Two real examples from people I know in the last couple of weeks) Who needs to bother with stuff like that - I just feel like laughing at them!

EDIT: Oh, and someone else I know pondering over what GUEST TOWELS to buy, for god's sake!! I'd rather shoot myself in the head than get bogged down with tripe like that.
Oh dear. I'm always thinking about the state of my garden. But the fact that I took on over an acre of jungle when I moved here has something to do with it.

Couldn't care less about the colour of the cushions or towels, though...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

13-05-2015, 07:34 PM

If I'm now being honest, I probably meant do you fuss over every detail of everyone else's life. To the point where you stress them out with your constant questioning of EVERyTHING you tell them. I've been in that position for years now and it's extremely difficult to cope with. Gets you down and takes away your confidence. Sorry if I'm sounding puzzling, but I don't know how else to put it
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 07:50 PM

i want to know more about the guest towels
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Now I'm a very calm, patient person. Take folk as i find them. Am particularly unassuming. What's the one thing that I find hard to take? Fuss pots. People who phaff and fuss and make a big deal of everything. Get into the gunnels of everything. Want to know everything. Go into every bloomin detail. I have someone in mind when I say this and I don't like myself for it, but it's the one thing I find tiring. They wear me out!

Is it just me? Life's too bliddy short.
Myra how can they possibly wear you out when you're so calm and patient and unassuming, a little bit of fussing should wash over you completely unnoticed.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 08:53 PM

No I don"t fuss about other people and what they do. I do what I want to and they can do what they want . End of.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top