Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 12:32 AM

Crows and Doorknobs

Also in my dog mag:

"A five year old Corgi, Betsy, has a sore head after a crow dropped a brass doorknob on her from 20 feet, while she was walking in Eastbourne, Sussex.

The owner, James Peck, said the vet said Betsy was very lucky that the crow was flying so low at the time. Had it been a few feet higher, she would have been killed.
James said "I am keeping the door knob to remind me how lucky I am not to lose her."

Aah...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 07:16 AM

Re: Crows and Doorknobs

Interesting Mups, corvids are attracted to shiny things, also its shape may resemble an egg and crows are notorious egg thieves. Bit of bad luck for the pooch cocerned.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 05:59 PM

Cor, poor old dog. Had a lucky escape.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 06:15 PM

It's a wonder the door knob wasn't too heavy for the Crow to carry it off like that, and feel so sorry for your dog Mups.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
It's a wonder the door knob wasn't too heavy for the Crow to carry it off like that, and feel so sorry for your dog Mups.
True, must have been heavy
They are so clever are crows - I do like them
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->

Thanks Susie, but it wasn't my dog it happened to
I said it was in my dog magazine. It was a little Corgi who got donked on the head.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top