Join for free
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 05:10 PM

Baby Cygnet

Adventure of a baby cygnet at Abbotsbury Swannery.

Loads of nesting swans all ready and waiting for their eggs to hatch. Whilst there, the mother swan of one particular nest decided to get up and go for a paddle, leaving a nest of eggs exposed. A Coot came along and separated one egg from the rest and started to attack it for the baby cygnet inside (The egg was already cracked and was starting to hatch) Pic is a bit overexposed as I didn't have to time to set it up properly.

The cygnet then had to fend for itself after the mother returned extremely upset one of her eggs had been attacked. Unfortunately, it looked like the baby suffered an injury. But as the shell was badly damaged, it had to make its way out possibly a little prematurely.

Mum now sat back down on her eggs and watching while the little cygnet - who could barely lift its head - struggled and wriggled its way to freedom.

After much coaxing, it managed to crawl back into safety.

Not that same cygnet, but a collection of two day old cygnets.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 05:18 PM

Re: Baby Cygnet

Phew ! What a story unfolding there - hope the little one is alright
The 2 cuties are lovely
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 05:33 PM

Aww, god love the wee cygnet! Such clear and vivid pics Graham.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 06:00 PM

Great photos Graham.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 06:06 PM

Great capture Graham

I hope the little cygnet will gain strength and recover from its injury...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 06:23 PM

Lovely photographs well captured Graham ...
I do hope the cygnet will be ok , such beautiful little creatures.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top