Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 04:55 PM

Crate training

We use crates when they are puppies only when we are out, so we are currently trying them out of the crates when we leave them a while. This morning decided as we might be a couple of hours they had better go into their crates with their toys they happily trotted in. As we drove back was saying to each other they wouldn't have done anything bad if we had left them out we really should have trusted them.

Arrived home to lots of blue foam could hardly see Betty (Chihuahua) on inspection found Elsie (Labrador) had dragged into her cage little bit of the table cloth - dragging toward her a cushion that was awaiting finishing (embroidered over the last 3 months) she had shredded it and then pushed the foam into Bettys cage.

So glad she is past the destructive stage and we can trust her
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 05:14 PM

Re: Crate training

Oh ! Will they be alright - foam is not a good thing to smell let alone digest
I don't know, can't leave 'em alone for a minute !
Hope they are OK
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 06:06 PM

oops...

I hope the dogs are ok? Labs are terrible for eating stuff I know one that ate a tape cassette and batteries on seperate occasions both times needing surgery!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 08:46 PM

Yes they are fine none eaten neither of them usually eat stuff they do however love to destroy, Betty loves tearing paper up Elsie isn't too fussy as we found out today,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 09:01 PM

Blimey Julie, how big are the gaps in your crates?
Hope they are alright 'the other end' tomorrow.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-05-2015, 09:23 PM

Normal size I think we bought them both from pets at home Elsie has a huge one, Steven always reckons I was expecting her to be a giant I think she chewed a corner of the cushion then pulled the stuffing gradually in with her before dragging the empty beautifully embroidered (not annoyed about that at all) cover in to destroy that. (no not annoyed about that at all )
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 11:14 PM

OMG Julie, how can you be so calm? Think I'd have had a fit! Hope the dogs are OK. My son's dog, who stays with me when he is away, is a b*gger for grabbing anything that is dropped - which has caused a few crises over the months. She also loves to tear things to bits, but doesn't seem to ingest much thank goodness.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2015, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Normal size I think we bought them both from pets at home Elsie has a huge one, Steven always reckons I was expecting her to be a giant I think she chewed a corner of the cushion then pulled the stuffing gradually in with her before dragging the empty beautifully embroidered (not annoyed about that at all) cover in to destroy that. (no not annoyed about that at all )

I guess Betty must have hooked some through to join in 'the fun'. I can't imagine Elsie poking it through the bars to share, how would she do that?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 06:34 AM

Oh dear - how mischievous - I hope they are both OK today?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2015, 06:34 AM

Years ago my neighbours ex-husband bought their son a dog..
My neighbour had intended to buy a dog but she had thought spaniel or lab her husband bought a mad grey whippet from a rescue.

One night she had been out and when she got home I heard a lot of noise , shouting and swearing from her house..
Next morning she knocked and apologised for the noise,, being politie I said I hadnt really noticed.. She laughed and said 'come on Ill show you why I was swearing'..

We lived in 1930's bay fronted houses where most had the living and dining room kncoked through into one large room.. As we went in and she opened the door I was smothered in soft fluffy bits of foam and as I looked around I realised we were in the biggest snow globe Id ever seen!
Her whole living room was like a blizzard..

She pointed at the sofa which was now just a back and two arms with a gaping hole where the cushions and base used to be....
The dog had found or scratched a hole and after pulling the first bit of foam he'd gone mental pulling and sredding the sofa into a million little bits..

Her ex stayed away for a couple of weeks and she did forgive the dog but it was at the same time the funniest and most awful doggy mayhem Ive ever seen..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top