Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 02:45 PM

Leaving forums

Why do people who decide to leave a forum, change their names and then go back?
If I left here, couldn't I come back as 'Mups' still?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 02:51 PM

Re: Leaving forums

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Why do people who decide to leave a forum, change their names and then go back?
If I left here, couldn't I come back as 'Mups' still?
Do people do that Mups
We have had a number of people who have changed their names but it was because they decided their original choice did not suit them or they didn't like it after all .

Those who leave and come back with a new name have probably forgotten the old name they joined with...
We have had the odd member who has been banned and tried to re register with a new name but they are quickly spotted.

Technically people do not 'leave' their accounts remain open
even if they cease to post so yes Mups you could go away then return still posting as Mups .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Do people do that Mups
We have had a number of people who have changed their names but it was because they decided their original choice did not suit them or they didn't like it after all .

Those who leave and come back with a new name have probably forgotten the old name they joined with...
We have had the odd member who has been banned and tried to re register with a new name but they are quickly spotted.

Oh, I see. Thanks Meg.
Another question if I may - does my membership last forever, even if I didn't post for a year or more?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh, I see. Thanks Meg.
Another question if I may - does my membership last forever, even if I didn't post for a year or more?
Yes Mups it would last forever..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-05-2015, 03:17 PM

Oh. Looks like you're stuck with me then.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes Mups it would last forever..
That always irritates I couldn't join as Julie because we already have one I think she made one post years ago so I ended up having to think of something else. Would be nice to release some of the names from accounts where people are clearly not returning IMO
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-05-2015, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That always irritates I couldn't join as Julie because we already have one I think she made one post years ago so I ended up having to think of something else. Would be nice to release some of the names from accounts where people are clearly not returning IMO
Hi Julie if someone hasn't used their account for a long time and was not a regular poster anyway you can always ask Admin to review the situation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 03:26 PM

Never occurred to me LOL would be like asking for someone to leave anyway I guess if Azz wanted it different he would have done it by now.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 03:41 PM

Never occurred to me LOL would be like asking for someone to leave anyway I guess if Azz wanted it different he would have done it by now.
You'll always be Julie to me gal - You're not just a number
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 03:56 PM

The member with the username I wanted to join with has posted once to say hello, and that was five years ago.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top