Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 09:39 AM

What is an appropriate age for dating?

Just wondered what folks think about this topic ?, i was probably 15 when i had my first series date, but had girlfriends at a much earlier age.

Is it different for girls who are supposed to be more mature at an earlier age than boys ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 09:42 AM

Re: What is an appropriate age for dating?

I was 14 when I started dating boys but nothing serious until I was 15 when I met a boy and went out with him for a year..
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 09:50 AM

I suppose I started getting interested in girls when I was 14 or 15. I found it most annoying to hear girls of the same age describing boys as 'immature' - as if they had had a life and knew it all! I think boys just wanted to enjoy being children and not growing up too fast.
My wife was just coming up to 16 when we met and almost 20 when we married. Seems frighteningly young now, but 42 years on, it's worked out fine for us.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 10:06 AM

I was interested in boys when around 12, Looking back I grew up too fast.

My little granddaughters tell me they both have boyfriends and they are 9 and 4 . So it goes to show even when little nature takes its course .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 10:08 AM

Mmmm ...dare I say
I used to stay with my cousin every school holiday and she was 4 years older than me and went around with another cousin the same age as herself. They were casually dating boys and went out as a group all very innocent stuff with nothing more than a kiss involved . They were expected to take me along with them so had to find some poor soul for me so I wasn't left out

A proper single date? I had no self confidence at all (my stepmother saw to that) and always refused offers of dates thinking no one would really want to take me out .This went on for years and was not made easy by my job which was 24/7.

I think the first proper date I had was when I was about 19.
My Cousin was then married and her husband an old friend by then stood me in front of a mirror and said 'look at you' who wouldn't want to take you out.

The date was 'arranged' by my then boss with a lovely boy the son of a friend but it was not a success.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 10:16 AM

I think I was about 20 when I had my first date I had until then worked very unsocial hours so dating and meeting anyone was really hard. Even at 20 it was all very innocent and respectable though as we met through the church. Only about 3 dates and I realised he wasn't for me I think he realised too and we just parted ways amicably. Year later met Steven and realised he was the one and married him 6 weeks later so not much experience of actually dating at all.
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 10:24 AM

I started a love affair at the age of 17. I called her " she". She was big and black boy o boy what a girl she was. She did throb along very well. Her massive tank with her chrome Triumph name plate stood out. She had a wonderful shinny 500 cc engine. "She" certainly could go and I loved her. Any she without a big tank and engine was of no interest to me. Shame I got rid of "She" at the age of 21 and bought an engagement ring with the money. Silly me. The new she back answers lol.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 11:57 AM

I too began some innocent dating at around 14/15. Strangely when my Daughters wanted to date at a similar age I thought them far too young and wanted them to wait, at least for another ten years. Needless to say. I had to put up with their spotty faced boyfriends and break heart romantic tribulations, from that early, to me, age.
I maintain I was right because I knew and they didn't know, about those boy dogs. Mind in fairness my gals have done ok for themselves.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sableline ->
I started a love affair at the age of 17. I called her " she". She was big and black boy o boy what a girl she was. She did throb along very well. Her massive tank with her chrome Triumph name plate stood out. She had a wonderful shinny 500 cc engine. "She" certainly could go and I loved her. Any she without a big tank and engine was of no interest to me. Shame I got rid of "She" at the age of 21 and bought an engagement ring with the money. Silly me. The new she back answers lol.
I wondered what I was reading for a minute there
Ah - now, the Triumph - what a beauty ............
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 12:49 PM

I think 16 to 17 is a good age ......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top