Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 10:34 PM

Kennet to Avon

Anyone watch that programme on BBC4 "All aboard" the Canal trip?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 02:36 AM

Re: Kennet to Avon

Yes, I watched most of it, on & off
I thought it was obviously a bit different, but pleasant enough

I believe it is part of a theme that BBC 4 are running currently, with the theme 'slow TV', and includes the 'Handmade' craft shows

I wouldn't like every programme to be made like that, but it is a nice change from the violence, and histrionic 'talent' shows
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 07:35 AM

The only thing I found rather grating was the continuous Canned Birdsong.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 09:18 AM

heh spittie - you into canals in a big way ATM?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-05-2015, 11:53 AM

Not as much as Brindley was, he was a cut above the rest.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 02:32 PM

It was repeated again on BBC4 Later in the small hours, I watched it for a while in bed then nodded off, very relaxing but very slow, I'd swim the canal much faster meself.
Maybe some whizz kid at the BBC got a brainwave that slow solemn programs are the future of TV, only recently we had the thrilling repeat of Churchill's funeral, can we now look forward to the Kennedy funeral repeat spectacular?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 08:17 PM

I loved it, personally. Very soothing to have on as a background when I'm reading, so that i can enjoy the sounds and look up every now and again to see "where" I am, so to speak. I enjoyed the Dawn Chorus one, too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 08:33 PM

I've recorded both to put on DvD. I've also been looking at nature DVDs that just have nice music with the footage, for relaxing with. These recordings may be enough for now!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 10:05 PM

As well as the programmes just mentioned I also like other "living wallpaper" videos such as a waterfall in a wood which is on a 30 minute loop, with no music or voiceover. The natural sounds and visuals are a nice change from my urban environment!

My other favourites are two videos which make my TV look like an aquarium filled with tropical fish and, for those chilly winter nights, a crackling log fire.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
As well as the programmes just mentioned I also like other "living wallpaper" videos such as a waterfall in a wood which is on a 30 minute loop, with no music or voiceover. The natural sounds and visuals are a nice change from my urban environment!

My other favourites are two videos which make my TV look like an aquarium filled with tropical fish and, for those chilly winter nights, a crackling log fire.
Yes, these are exactly what I mean! Have you bought the DVDs?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top