Join for free
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Animal Rescue

I received this today and thought the folks on here would know if it is genuine or a wind-up.

If it is genuine you might like to help

If is an internet wind-up please bin it.

"The Animal Rescue Site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily so they can meet their quota of getting FREE FOOD donated every day to abused and neglected animals. It takes less than a minute (about 15 seconds) to go to their site and click on the purple box 'fund food for animals for free'. This doesn't cost you a thing.

Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Please pass it along to people you know.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

AGAIN, PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!
Lynne
Lancs, UK
Lynne is female  Lynne has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Re: Animal Rescue

Hi Victors Mate, I have done this on another site along with other members, you can press it once a day and for every press you give an animal a bowl of food, I can't quite remember how it worked but it was looked into first and it was found to be genuine, If it is going to stay I will certainly press it every day.
I have just pressed it so there is my first bowl of food for one animal.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2010, 06:23 PM

So this is where my thread has been moved to.
The phantom filing obsessive strikes again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2010, 01:38 AM

Hi Victors Mate It may well be a genuine site but I don't like unknown sites where I have to click on things because doing so often means you are accepting something and that is frequently a deluge of spam or worse.

I have learnt from experience it is better to search for and contact an organisation you are familiar with rather than to click on anonymous links.
Lynne
Lancs, UK
Lynne is female  Lynne has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2010, 09:46 AM

Another bowl of food.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have learnt from experience it is better to search for and contact an organisation you are familiar with rather than to click on anonymous links.
I completely agree Meg, in fact I made a resolution some time back to NOT click on links to sites that I had never heard of or which might in some way want to add me to their list, I hate being bombarded by unsolicited corresspondance of any kind.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 02:50 PM

How does a person know that the pet food company, whoever it may be, will give a meal to a homeless dog? Why don't they just donate meals for all the animals without having people click on links! I don't normally click on such links but did in this case but is the link an American one? Won't be much good for any of our homeless animals.

Thanks for posting the link.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 06:11 PM

I think you have to be a bit wary too - unless you know it's from a reputable company or someone you know

Most pet owners who go on the web will prob have seen lots and lots of these type of sites around (you also get other charity related ones too). Guess you just have to judge which ones you feel are genuine.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top