Join for free
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 08:42 PM

Dash cams

I didn't see the accident but the after mass , a scooter driver was hit by a van driver , or the other way round , the scooter was smash to bits , for a long while I been thinking of getting a dash cam , have any body on here got a dash cam , or helmet cam
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:02 PM

Re: Dash cams

I have been thinking of getting a dash cam, but can't decide on which model, or how much to spend.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I have been thinking of getting a dash cam, but can't decide on which model, or how much to spend.

I am in the same boat jazzi
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:07 PM

Tried to edit this post, but my computer froze! I think they are a good idea nowadays, with more and more crash for cash incidents. My niece has been done twice!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I had been thinking about getting one but looking back over my 30 odd years of driving I can't think of one instance where a camera would have been advantageous so what's the point.
Markey1
London

01-05-2015, 09:15 PM

I have heard on telly crash for cash incidents , it's big money for the scammers , but what I can't understand some of them do it multiple times , surely if one name comes up several times with insurance claims , it should raise a red flag that something not right
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 10:22 PM

Some should have a rear window cam to see what carnage they have caused
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2015, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
I didn't see the accident but the after mass , a scooter driver was hit by a van driver , or the other way round , the scooter was smash to bits , for a long while I been thinking of getting a dash cam , have any body on here got a dash cam , or helmet cam
Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I had been thinking about getting one but looking back over my 30 odd years of driving I can't think of one instance where a camera would have been advantageous so what's the point.
I have; and I tend to agree with Alan, you just end up with a lot of film of basically nothing. I have mine set to 720p which uses 10MB per hour so you need a large SD card. It is set to start filming when you turn on the ignition so I also have a lot of film of me opening and closing my garage door and gates.

There are lots of modes probably the best is where it records for a fixed period then over writes, the only thing with that is that you have to remember to stop it if you were involved in an incident.

I bought mine ages ago from China (where else?) for about $40 (£20).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top