Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 11:26 AM

My urology appointment

Satisfactory outcome. Saw a different person. Going back end Sept to see if pain has eased sufficiently to book the surgery, with a view to looking at early 2016.

Now waiting at the pharmacy for more drugs, for over active bladder.

Told them if they do surgery they must give me better pain relief this time.

They might consider taking some of my own body tissue instead of the mesh.

Pleased with the consultation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 11:33 AM

Re: My urology appointment

I'm very glad they seem to be taking you seriously Jazzi, good luck with the further treatment sounds like eventually you may have a good end to the troubles with someone new helping you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 12:02 PM

Janet it sounds as though you are making progress.
It must have been a horrible for you to have your problem and pain for so long.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 01:09 PM

Sounds like everything is going in the right direction Jazzi. I'm pleased for you. You are quite right mentioning pain control at this stage. You shouldn't have to worry about that at this moment in time. Hopefully they'll get it right next time.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 05:14 PM

So glad youve got somewhere.. The more often you tell the doctors info like pain relief the more likely it is to sink in ..

I hope you get a solution to your problems soon..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 06:02 PM

Thanks folks.

If they do do surgery, they will need to cut where they cut before (probably into old scar tissue), and that's why I need the pain to settle down a lot more before even contemplating going through it again.

I reiterated the pain relief, saying how could they just offer ibuprofen and paracetamol for the pain I was in? (Contemplated saying I felt it bordered on cruelty, but kept that thought to myself.)

I'm happy now I can relax for the rest of this year, get small appointments over and done with, book holidays (maybe a big one). And if I have the energy...well, there's the bedroom and bathroom that need renovating.

Going to have dinner shortly so speak later. Thanks for your good wishes and support. x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 07:11 PM

So glad your appointment today was satisfactory, Jazzi - hopefully things are now moving in the right direction at last.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top