Join for free
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 03:51 PM

Car crashes ......

Heard on the radio this morning of a house nearby that suffered a car crash, smashing into the front window .....
I looked it up online and was amazed to see loads of similar crashes. I know it happens, but the scale of it was astounding ........
Too many idiots on the roads that should never be ......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 04:09 PM

Re: Car crashes ......

Omg Patsy, you have just started a thread which I have been thinking about all afternoon so far! Travelling home from Portpatrick earlier, we came across a road closure and it was a very bad car accident. The car had obviously somersaulted into a field, was completely mangled, surrounded by Police, ambulances and traffic police. I fear the worst to be honest. I could have cried afterwards. It's just horrendous. I don't know the circumstances, but I do know that there are many maniacs on the roads these days. I drive at the certain speed limit , but can't tell you the amount of cars that couldn't get passed me quick enough to overtake me which meant they were driving too fast. They must've been doing almost double that. It's awful and can lead to awful results
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 04:09 PM

Where we used to live there was a house on the corner which was fairly regularly hit by the tanks driven by cadets learning to drive them, it happened so often in the end the MOD bought the house so they didn't have to pay compensation any more ! Poor man who originally lived there was a nervous wreck by the time they bought him out.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Where we used to live there was a house on the corner which was fairly regularly hit by the tanks driven by cadets learning to drive them, it happened so often in the end the MOD bought the house so they didn't have to pay compensation any more ! Poor man who originally lived there was a nervous wreck by the time they bought him out.
My God !
I've heard it all now ................Or have I ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-04-2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Omg Patsy, you have just started a thread which I have been thinking about all afternoon so far! Travelling home from Portpatrick earlier, we came across a road closure and it was a very bad car accident. The car had obviously somersaulted into a field, was completely mangled, surrounded by Police, ambulances and traffic police. I fear the worst to be honest. I could have cried afterwards. It's just horrendous. I don't know the circumstances, but I do know that there are many maniacs on the roads these days. I drive at the certain speed limit , but can't tell you the amount of cars that couldn't get passed me quick enough to overtake me which meant they were driving too fast. They must've been doing almost double that. It's awful and can lead to awful results
When we moved from London to here, there were hardly any cars in our road or elsewhere. Now you can barely move for them.
I get out a few mornings a week to shop, but I tell you Myra, in those short journeys, I just want to get home. Its absolute madness, they go far too fast edging their way between other cars and for what - further up we are all stalled by traffic ! Its madness and the sooner I get home the better, I'm a wreck
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 08:00 PM

Saw on the news I think we're a chap house on a corner has been hit 40 times , he Saleing up because he a nervous wreck after a car went through the garden wall into his kitchien , but who going to buy a property that been hit so many times
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 08:07 AM

Good thread Patsy, this happened to my Son's house last year, he'd gone to bed and was suddenly woken up in the middle of the night with a shudder and a loud horn sounding off! He went down stairs thinking what was that? And noticed a bright light outside of his kitchen window, so he opened the door. A car had smashed into his kitchen extension so he went and had a look.. He said the doors were wide open and no-one was in the car, the airbags had opened too. He rang the police and they came instantly, and told him to go to bed as this was a crime scene, and to leave it to them. They were taking pictures and finding out details of what had happened, and said they would post a card with the crime reference number on which he had to report first thing in the morning...
He got the card and reported it, and then phoned his Home Insurers to get his extension fixed. He had to move out of his house for 6 months while the workmen had to demolish and rebuild that side of the house as it was unsafe. Through this happening he got a whole new kitchen, windows and doors fitted. And he found out afterwards that it was three lads that had stole the car and sped down his road and took a wrong turning and smashed and fled the scene after crashing. My son said they had done him a favour as he needed a new kitchen.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-04-2015, 09:55 AM

Phew - I was all tense reading that
So pleased it had a happy ending x
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Phew - I was all tense reading that
So pleased it had a happy ending x
Thanks Patsy.x

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top