Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 10:59 AM

spiders

This year I've become obsessive about vacuuming the conservatory ,last year I discovered hundreds (or so it seemed) of tiny baby spiders dropping down from a corner nest I could not see. Oh it was awful the more I hovered , ten minutes later there were more .....I can't bear to think of the invasion in my house had I not discovered them ........

Just gonna get the Hoover out again !
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 11:18 AM

Re: spiders

It is a lot but they are harmless, I've had spiders nests and watched them hatch out but I'm not at all bothered by them really.
We are a whole lot bigger than they are and they are not poisonous.
I don't Hoover them because I don't like to think of them dying in the Hoover poor things.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 11:30 AM

We had a large spider at work yesterday, i normally get a fearless woman called Liz to come and pick them up and take them outside to somewhere safe. But she wasn't around so i just left it...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 01:02 PM

Get this product - and they wont come near, spray around entrances - pleasant smell which doesn't last.
Also be sure to do under sinks.
The thing is - if there are any lurking around, they will want to get away, once they do that, they are gone for good - here is the link ......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/household-s-...o+more+spiders
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 02:59 PM

Thank you patsy I've just ordered some . X
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Thank you patsy I've just ordered some . X
You won't regret it - if you see some initially they are just wanting out !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 06:03 PM

I like spiders and try really hard never to hurt one....
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 06:23 PM

I like spiders-they trap flies. But some do not so let us go back to 1970-I walk in to see my girlfriend,her face pales,she screams. This could be tricky what is her dad going to say???

There was a spider behind the door.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I like spiders and try really hard never to hurt one....
Me too but my wife goes up the wall, even if it's a tiny one.

When we were in Devon we went to a place that had all sorts of insects, including spiders and I felt really sad for the spiders.

They are quite intelligent and it seemed such a shame that some beautiful-looking spiders were locked up in display cases.

I once came literally face-to-face with a Congolese Giant Spider in the cargo hold of a Bristol Britannia aircraft from East African Safari Airways years ago - at Luton Airport! stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 08:07 PM

I bought a spray in Sainsburys I think, or Wilko...probably the same one.

I hate them and had that been my conservatory would have moved out!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top