Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 11:25 PM

Beer Goggles?

A little snippet from todays paper:

"Being slightly drunk makes us more attractive to the opposite sex, a survey reveals.
Tipsiness gives us confidence and an appealing "facial flush", and suggests we are healthy.
People who had a glass of wine were deemed better-looking in Bristol University tests than those sober or drunk.
The researchers dubbed the phenomenon "reverse beer goggles."

Bet they enjoyed doing those experiments.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 11:33 PM

Re: Beer Goggles?

Never sure about surveys, there are about 60 odd million folks in this country, surveys (in the adds) are usually swung by 80% of a sample of 227 folks. I would like to be on the committee sampling "Bristols".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 11:38 PM

Behave yourself. You concentrate on that patio, no matter about sampling bristols.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 12:31 AM

So the old saying about beer being invented so that ugly people can get a root is true?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 08:54 AM

Hmmmm, I've made a few mistakes when younger due to beer goggles ! Now stick to red wine !
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 10:18 AM

A drunk woman is not an attractive thing. I'm damn sure a drunk man is not all that attractive to a woman, too.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 11:00 AM

I could have told them that for nothing years ago Mups, after all I have quite a bit of experience in this particular field.
It’s a fact, especially with women, that when they have one or two drinks they become relaxed, confident and comfortable, their conversation is more open and they contribute more to the gathering, this makes them more appealing persons, particularly to the opposite sex.
But beware, take too much and the whole effect is ruined, nothing as off putting as a mouthy slurry drunken woman with wobbly knees and a silly grin on her face.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I could have told them that for nothing years ago Mups, after all I have quite a bit of experience in this particular field.
It’s a fact, especially with women, that when they have one or two drinks they become relaxed, confident and comfortable, their conversation is more open and they contribute more to the gathering, this makes them more appealing persons, particularly to the opposite sex.
But beware, take too much and the whole effect is ruined, nothing as off putting as a mouthy slurry drunken woman with wobbly knees and a silly grin on her face.
I like that post Jem and ain"t it the truth.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 01:14 PM

I've watched documentaries about paralytic males and females at the end of an evening out and they are a disgrace to themselves. Too busy being sick, wetting themselves or sprawled on a pavement to attract anyone
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 01:17 PM

Have to admit, been wearing beer goggles a number of times in my life. I have not always enjoyed good sight whilst wearing them though. Those poor souls who may have made my acquaintance during those times, in truth probably had poorer sight than me at the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top