Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 01:14 PM

fulfilled life

Have you had a fulfilled life or do you feel you could have achieved more . Has it been a happy life for you ?

I've lived many life's in 65 years, the most important achievement is having my two children who have grown into good decent hard-working adults . I had no family support and missed that greatly, envying those that did. However, at this stage in my life given a choice I would have loved to spend my life with a loving partner but it was not meant to be . I've travelled quite a bit and seen the places I wanted to see.

I wouldn't say it's been a happy life , I've had some happy times , but struggled too. I'm ok in my life now , manage a decent life , have fun and laughter with friends and my little family . I'm healthy so am blessed in that way. Am a positive person in many ways . I have regrets but have grown from them and mistakes I made .

I would love to hear your life story if you would like to share

Thank you.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 01:41 PM

Re: fulfilled life

Regrets I"ve had a few , but then again too few to mention.

Had 44 years of marriage, 3 great kids, [who have all done well], 4 adorable G/C. Good health[touch wood], plenty and I mean plenty of good holidays in the USA for last 20 years. and other places before.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 04:02 PM

Plenty of regrets and I would have started by choosing my parents a bit more carefully. I'm sure I could have achieved more if I hadn't been so keen to steer a safe course through life. I might have a bigger house, more cash in the bank and a new car for a start.

A lot of things I wouldn't have changed though.... Bought my first house at 22, celebrated 42 years of marriage, 3 great kids with good jobs and never had any real financial worries.

But, I still wonder, "What if?"
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 04:10 PM

I've no regrets.
I've made choices, some good some bad .. perhaps missed out on others ... but other choices would presumably have bought their own benefits or trials. Who knows what a different road in Life would have resulted in.

So on balance ... I've been happy.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 05:06 PM

Depends which box of memories I open..
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 05:34 PM

Great question Susan. I have lived a similar life to yourself. Saying that I don't regret anything I did. Had I known more maybe the decisions would be different. Saying that I was brought up in a very poor family, lots of love but no ambition or money. I tried to make my kids think differently and it worked so cant complain about that. What others have said is life.
How boring it would be if everyone had a life of non events, no hardship, no deaths, no trauma, no love. That's what makes you the person you are.
With no experience you would be a zombie.
I always say live life to the full whilst you have life to live it with.
My favourite saying is from a Crosby Stills, Nash and Young song called
Wooden Ships. "If you smile at me I will understand, cos that's what everybody in the World does, in the same language"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 10:46 PM

This is no place for a Life Story, so far, things have been predictable
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 12:05 AM

I think I was fulfilled once but it's a distant memory now
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 07:59 AM

I've reached 56 years of age, have three lovely, caring and hard working sons. Have a partner who I love to bits. Have a job that I like. A nice wee flat. Have an abundance of friends. No real health worries. So yes, I'd say I am fulfilled. I don't know what else I would need? I've had all the abuse, being skint, broken marriage after 30 years, homeless, heartbroken, but life moves on and I believe you have to take in the "big picture" and not think of all the bad bits. We all have a story to tell.

The only thing I now really want is to get this bloomin weight off
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 09:28 AM

I don't know how one can judge this really without knowing what the alternatives might have been .
My life has certainly had variety ...

Happy.. ecstatically for a brief time, I learnt to settle for contentment .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top