Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 11:30 AM

It's all about the feet

I'm 60, overweight my whole life and riddled with foot pains. I have gout, diabetis, tendonitis and plantar faciitis. It hurts to take a step sometimes. I wear SAS(San Antonio Shoes), the best, most comfortable shoes made in the USA, to help. I take Allopurinol for the gout. I plan on one more treatment that may completely solve my foot ailments, retirement. LOL
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 11:41 AM

Re: It's all about the feet

I`m 56,a bit overweight and have type two diabetes. But about 5 years ago I started going to the gym and doing yoga. That has cured the other things like psoriasis and SAD and the weight is down a bit.

I sometimes think I should get paid for a gym advert-not because I`m super fit,quite the opposite in some ways ---but a picture with the caption

`You too could have a body like mine`

`If you are not careful`
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 08:02 PM

I very much sympathise with you bobmeikle, I'm very overweight and have suffered with Plantar faciitis, luckily mine went after a few months but it was very painful.

Good luck when you decide to retire, don't make it too long thinking about it.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I very much sympathise with you bobmeikle, I'm very overweight and have suffered with Plantar faciitis, luckily mine went after a few months but it was very painful.

Good luck when you decide to retire, don't make it too long thinking about it.
I'm convinced it's my job that causes all my foot problems. I work 12 hour days and am standing most of the time. When I'm off from work as I am today nothing hurts.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top