Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2015, 10:12 AM

Liberal Democrats

Saw Nick Clegg last night being interviewed, he came across well and I wonder now if he is worth a second go
He came across genuine and did well, the party have compassionate views and seem to have a sensible take on the economy - what do you think, I'm just being very thorough this time round with the candidates ........
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2015, 10:50 AM

Re: Liberal Democrats

They worry me they seem to be trying to say they had nothing to do with the bedroom tax etc when without their help the Tories would not have got that one through. I just have a feeling they will say what they think people want to hear rather than what they believe and will do.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2015, 11:16 AM

There are quite a few of the Tory (bad) laws that the Lib Dems could have stopped but didn't. They are no longer the party for me.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2015, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
There are quite a few of the Tory (bad) laws that the Lib Dems could have stopped but didn't. They are no longer the party for me.
I suppose there has to be a bit and take between partners in a coalition government Alan, So I agree with the OP but not at an expense of the Labour party.
I finally made up my mind just an hour ago, I went to the doctors and asked to make an appointment, informing them it is not important and can be anytime they want.
The reply I got was sorry we can't make an appointment, telephone on the day before 8 am and with LUCK we might be able to get the duty doctor to see me.
I have never had that happen in my life before and quite frankly I finally made up my mind where my cross will be, it was far better under Labour than it is now, I don't care how they find the money, but obviously it has to come from the rich, milking time is over.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They worry me they seem to be trying to say they had nothing to do with the bedroom tax etc when without their help the Tories would not have got that one through. I just have a feeling they will say what they think people want to hear rather than what they believe and will do.
The bedroom tax is a terrible tax and I was so shocked by it
To give Nick a bit of leeway, as he said, he was not prime minister and could only project so much input - listening to the manifesto now - I would say it could work with him, he is also a good speaker and confident .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2015, 12:46 PM

Trouble is he was a good speaker last election and spoke with forked tongue, will take a lot for me to believe anything he says.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-04-2015, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Trouble is he was a good speaker last election and spoke with forked tongue, will take a lot for me to believe anything he says.
Oh dear - I've never been so on edge about an election, because of the situation he was in, I will give him more thought ........... No one else comes close at present - I still like Nigel but doubt he would be able to get the job done - yet ..........
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

16-04-2015, 01:08 PM

I think we can only do what feels right for each of us Patsy, ignore the rest of us and just listen and make your own choice. If you listen to all of us it will just be confusing as we all come to the question from different perspectives.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-04-2015, 01:20 PM

Well, you have to reach your own decision in the end - still got 3 weeks to make me mind up ..........
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2015, 03:49 PM

I agree about The Bedroom Tax, I was expecting him to mention it in the Lib Dem manifesto, but no. I was very disappointed to find out several Lib Dems voted for it including our Tessa Munt, went right off her after that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top