Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 11:01 AM

Demostrations.

Talking to a lady friend of mine tother day, she is very left wing and had been on quite a few demonstrations Ban the Bomb etc. Now despite the fact i have very strong opinions on several subjects ive never been driven to go out and protest. Closest i get is the odd angry Email, so did you march and protest against anything, and more importantly did it change anything.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 11:25 AM

Re: Demostrations.

Lost count of the protests, ban the bomb, animal rights, ban hunting, was a hunt sab for a while, protect the local trees, protect the canal, protect the gypsies, stop school closure, support the head mistress at the school, stop the Iraq war, ban poll tax .......

Some protests were more successful than others.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Talking to a lady friend of mine tother day, she is very left wing and had been on quite a few demonstrations Ban the Bomb etc. Now despite the fact i have very strong opinions on several subjects ive never been driven to go out and protest. Closest i get is the odd angry Email, so did you march and protest against anything, and more importantly did it change anything.

Saw one of them Nom,

But in answer to your question, No, never marched against anyone or anything, never felt the need to be militant.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 11:47 AM

Think the last one i did was when the Limp Dems sacked Charles Kennedy, mailed to the local office and said i thought he was treated shabbily, they Emailed back and agreed. Hardly makes me Citizen Smith

Julie my friend reminds me of yourself, looks like many things you have in common. Mp`s regularly get a bashing from her all parties

Mups UJ was my hero, i would have joined him on the barricades, down with the establishment and free all Nom`s.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=Nom;637967]Think the last one i did was when the Limp Dems sacked Charles Kennedy, mailed to the local office and said i thought he was treated shabbily, they Emailed back and agreed. Hardly makes me Citizen Smith

Julie my friend reminds me of yourself, looks like many things you have in common. Mp`s regularly get a bashing from her all parties

Mups UJ was my hero, i would have joined him on the barricades, down with the establishment and free all Nom`s.[/QUOTE]

And what might an army of Noms do if they were free? It could be chaos.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

14-04-2015, 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;637969]
Think the last one i did was when the Limp Dems sacked Charles Kennedy, mailed to the local office and said i thought he was treated shabbily, they Emailed back and agreed. Hardly makes me Citizen Smith

Mups UJ was my hero, i would have joined him on the barricades, down with the establishment and free all Nom`s.[/QUOTE]

My list is large and growing by the day, so many wrongs to right so little time left. Could be a fred in this
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 02:44 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;637969]

UJ is a hero here too, but peaceful protesting gets further IMO than bringing in the tanks ! Better for the blood pressure too
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 04:43 PM

Julie, As a right winger, I detest many of the things you've stood for (with the possible exception of trees and canals), but I haven't actually taken part in any demonstrations. They never seem to achieve anything.

I have hurled verbal abuse at Bruce Kent on a 'ban the bomb' march (I just happened to be driving past ). Not sure what I called him - probably a F****** Communist B****** - and a lot of other things.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 06:42 PM

Greenham common and ban the bomb lot , if I was in charge I would get the water cannons out , on a freezeing day too
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 07:37 PM

Water cannons? Markey, you're much too soft on them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top