Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2015, 08:17 PM

Motorbikes

Don't know any of you ride a motorbike , till you riding one you don't realise how many idiots are on the road ,
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2015, 09:08 PM

Re: Motorbikes

Everybody but you eh Markey ! IMO we ALL make mistakes or misjudge situations. The real culprits are the ones who know that they're doing wrong but don't care.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2015, 09:49 PM

It doesn't really matter if you ride a bike or not you can still pick out the idiots..
My hubby rides one with me riding pillion on the back, we do notice that people can still cut you out or don't notice were there. We just ride at a sensible pace until we know we have a big clearance ahead especially on a motorway. But you still have to have your wits about you.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2015, 10:29 PM

Stupid comes in every shape and size...

There are some real motorbike haters out there.. They close in so that you cannot get past, typically put the windshield washers on as you pass , pull out wihout signal etc etc but then there are idiot motorcyclists who think every road is a GP circuit and that popping wheelies is a fun idea..

This is OH and myself posing on two of our bikes..I dont drive I only have a scooter but I do ride pillion with him..

[IMG]
[/IMG]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2015, 11:07 PM

I love Motorcycles, because riding one scares me to death, when I win the lottery, I will recreate the showroom, I used to salivate over as a teenager.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 07:38 AM

Got 3 motorbikes I am mainly summer driver and use cars in the winter , with car a fair bit of protection , with a motorbike if you come off or get hit your going to get injured, toke one of my older bikes out yesterday , and watch a woman in a 4*4 cutting up another motor cyclists up missing him by inches, would of been a nasty accident , but thankfully its was just heated words from the motorcyclist to the 4*4 driver ,
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 07:50 AM

Bloody filthy unwashed louts-my father`s view on bikers.

ha ha it died and little does he know one of his grand sons rides a Harley-yea even across the USA twice.

Most bikers I meet now are well over 40 ,ride expensive machines and always dress in full protective clothing
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 08:55 AM

This brings back some memories. Spent many an hour of my youth on my bike and went everywhere on it. Problems began when insurance became too expensive, cost of servicing and parts and eventually riding home from work in a snow storm finally convinced me to swap it in for a car. I wouldn't think of riding a bike these days with the people on the roads - besides, the wife wouldn't have none of it. And I would pass out if someone told me what the insurance costs are these days.

Occasionally we go out for a drive and end up at a truck stop for a cuppa which also is a favourite of some local bikers and you can't help giving the admiring glances at some of their machines and think back to them fun days.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 09:36 AM

I sold my motorbike last September , passed my cbt two years earlier . I loved riding but had some scarey moments . Decided after two years I'd ticked my bucket list of many years of wanting my own bike . It was time to take my cbt again, cost £100 , service and insure bike to keep riding , so chose to let it go .

I sold my bike and gear to another lady rider, but decided to keep helmet ....just in case I meet a biker who wants a pillion passenger .
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 11:39 AM

I learned to ride at 14 on a Triumph Tiger cub and then got a BSA Bantom when I was 16 and used it to go to school on and out and over the woods and everywhere with it. I also loved the BSA Gold Star; Norton Dominator and the 650 Triumph. Those were the days. Some of my old male friends still have bikes that they ride during the better weather. I am far too old now so make do with my mobility scooter.............at my age next best thing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top