Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 12:42 PM

Wedding Day hitches!

Today is our Ruby Wedding day - 40 years! I have been reminiscing about the day and thought it might make an interesting thread to ask if YOUR wedding day went without a hitch or did something not go to plan?

In my case it all went quite smoothly but I did come out the church without my bouquet of flowers!! I had left them in the vestry and someone had to go and fetch them.

Also we had the temerity of booking our day on Grand National Day! We had avid racing fans amongst the guests who could be seen gathered around a car radio in the reception car park listening to the race! Its a good job it wasn't during the ceremony.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 12:47 PM

Re: Wedding Day hitches!

Ah - congratulations CC !

We had a hectic day, did all the catering ourselves and me sisters car was stolen an hour before !
Me in laws had the miseries because me Mum in law was not happy losing her son, she wanted to keep him !
In the end I cared not, only had eyes for Fabs so as far as I'm concerned - a great day, the weather was beautiful
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 12:59 PM

Congratulations CC, We had arranged for the heating to be on in the church as it was early March and freezing but they forgot to put it on so congregation was shivering and much chattering of teeth during the service. Then we were driven from the reception home so I could change to go away and as we waved the car off looked at each other and said have you got the house key My husband and I ended up running back to the reception in heavy rain me in me long white dress and him muttering about this better not be an omen
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 01:01 PM

The only hitch was I married the wrong one !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
The only hitch was I married the wrong one !
Ne mind gal - you're still young 'free' and single to do whatever you please xx
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 01:27 PM

When we were arranging things, we were asked what music we would like. We asked for a particular piece of Bach, but the organist pointed out that some of the notes didn't work on the organ so he was limited to what he could play.
Have you ever heard 'here comes the bride' played by Les Dawson?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2015, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
When we were arranging things, we were asked what music we would like. We asked for a particular piece of Bach, but the organist pointed out that some of the notes didn't work on the organ so he was limited to what he could play.

..... Only on 'you've been framed' it was excruciating
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 02:31 PM

Mine was ruined by my MIL ,,,,i only had my sister from my side. Before the ceremony started i was stunned to find out i was going to have another of his surnames added which I had not been told about ,,,,,,,,when the registry wedding was over,and the wedding car drew up to take me and my now husband to the reception MIL said there was plenty of room in our car to take,my husbands two cousins and Aunt. She told us to move up and they all squeezed in on the seat with us .And she got in the front passenger seat .She left her husband to go to the reception in their Relient Robin and was gracious enough to tell my sister she could have a lift with him .!
I was so upset ,I had paid for the cars myself and taxi for her to got to the registers..
When the reception was drawing to a close she then told my husband we were taking his cousins and aunties home as it was on our way !!
After dropping them off we were then heading back to MIL home she had arranged this with her Son,When he stopped the car. And took the Just Married signs off the car , turned to me and said do you have to wear that ,meaning my Veil.!
I think to top it all ,at the night time my MIL had arranged for us to meet up at a pub with his family again ..
So i changed into the outfit i had bought ,only to find my MIL had gone out and bought the same outfit cause she liked mine so much !!!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->

That made me laugh. Fortunately I didn't have that problem, my Uncle is an organist and played for my wedding.
The hairs stand up on the back of my neck when he plays Bach's Toccata. I'm sure he would have got round the broken notes though!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2015, 02:34 PM

Eliza .... are you still married to him ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top