Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 02:52 PM

Mental illness and depression

Have you any time of your life suffered from depression and mental illness , did you make a full recovery , or is it long term illness , what help did you recieve
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 02:59 PM

Re: Mental illness and depression

Yes, No, and the No Help Service was no help at all, Teflon coated and unaccountable, others may have fared better.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 03:02 PM

Myself I suffered from mental illness , due to what happen when I was young , I went mute for several years due to shock , and for many years see councillors , because I block out the events of what happen , I been told it's more than likely I make little changes in what I like to make for a better myself , I not raving mad , just little odd ways , and don't trust people in my company , its never effected my work to much , but in not seeking help , I think I be in a different place , but i very contempt with live now ,

But it's made me the person who I am know ,

Depression and mental illness there's nothing to be a shame off
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 03:37 PM

My father died in 1990 and a year later i started having panic attacks and strange things started happening to my body, missed heart beats and flutters, clenching teeth, dry throat, palpitations and dragging my legs walking.. I went for therapy and was told that sometimes you can have a traumatic shock by the loss of someone close and it was down to this..
Over the years since then i have suffered with anxiety and stress through different things happening. When me and my first husband split up i got stress Alopeacia and was totally bald for two years and had an ECG for missed heartbeats which was all caused through stress. I think i am just that type of person that worries a lot. I remember that when i first met my new husband 5yrs ago i was on tablets for depression i think that was because i was on a downer and felt miserable all the time. I try now to be positive about life and just take each day as it comes
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 03:49 PM

I went through a very bad patch with my divorce. I lost loads of my animals and my home in the end. When I was trying hard to get my life back together, my most beautiful dog in the world died in my arms. That nearly finished me.
Then Mum was diagnosed with cancer.
But hey-ho, I'm still here, older and I hope wiser, just a bit frayed round the edges.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I went through a very bad patch with my divorce. I lost loads of my animals and my home in the end. When I was trying hard to get my life back together, my most beautiful dog in the world died in my arms. That nearly finished me.
Then Mum was diagnosed with cancer.
But hey-ho, I'm still here, older and I hope wiser, just a bit frayed round the edges.
We'll all survive i'm sure
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 03:54 PM

Yes Sue, its better than the alternative isn't it.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

04-04-2015, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes Sue, its better than the alternative isn't it.
Any day is better
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
Myself I suffered from mental illness , due to what happen when I was young , I went mute for several years due to shock , and for many years see councillors , because I block out the events of what happen , I been told it's more than likely I make little changes in what I like to make for a better myself , I not raving mad , just little odd ways , and don't trust people in my company , its never effected my work to much , but in not seeking help , I think I be in a different place , but i very contempt with live now ,

But it's made me the person who I am know ,

Depression and mental illness there's nothing to be a shame off
Markey, by pure coincidence I was at my friend's birthday dinner the other evening and her sons were there. One of them suffered selective mutism in primary school. My partner met him for the first time and I was telling him the story about B and how the teacher would sit him outside the classroom on a chair, because he wouldn't speak. I used to be gutted for him and his mum, my friend. Evil b@@@@@@.
Markey1
London

04-04-2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Markey, by pure coincidence I was at my friend's birthday dinner the other evening and her sons were there. One of them suffered selective mutism in primary school. My partner met him for the first time and I was telling him the story about B and how the teacher would sit him outside the classroom on a chair, because he wouldn't speak. I used to be gutted for him and his mum, my friend. Evil b@@@@@@.

Myra, the trouble in beening mute , I got the blame for a lot things I didn't do , I couldn't speak up for myself , properly same things will happen to the poor soul you mention myra

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top