Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 01:50 PM

Personal tax allowance..

I see the tax allowance is up. Not a lot, but up. My works pension is also up slightly. It's linked to the CPI which hasn't risen much, so not a great increase this year. Still another £20 a month is better than a poke in the eye. I expect that the government will find a way to get it back again.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 01:57 PM

Re: Personal tax allowance..

I`ll let you know when I gt anywhere near getting enough income to pay tax.

I live off my savings and a small income from my investments.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I`ll let you know when I gt anywhere near getting enough income to pay tax.

I live off my savings and a small income from my investments.
I agree I have just signed some of my allowance over to my husband because he does earn enough to begin paying tax with my allowance too he may pay very little I hope.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 03:18 PM

Dianne doesn't currently pay tax so she's enquired about transferring some tax allowance to me. She hasn't heard anything yet. It would be nice if you could transfer all the unused allowance.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree I have just signed some of my allowance over to my husband because he does earn enough to begin paying tax with my allowance too he may pay very little I hope.
How did you do that Julie?

My wife is retired and doesn't use about £3000 of her Personal Tax Allowance but our enquiries have resulted in being told there's no forms yet and this will all be "done online".

We sent off another query today because something doesn't add up with their figures from what Age UK has told us. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 06:01 PM

You can only sign over £1000 of the allowance, my husband did the forms on line. Scroll to near the bottom of the page https://www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates/...and-allowances the links take you through it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Dianne doesn't currently pay tax so she's enquired about transferring some tax allowance to me. She hasn't heard anything yet. It would be nice if you could transfer all the unused allowance.
I registered on-line for this and, about a week ago, I received an email saying that I'd be receiving an on-line form in the near future so things are moving, even if slowly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top