Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 08:17 AM

Ghosts

Do you believe they exist? Has anyone ever actually seen one or had an experience related to one?
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 09:04 AM

Re: Ghosts

Difficult one this Mart. On a personal level -no,but I am open-minded to the supernatural
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 10:16 AM

No - can't get my head round ghosts
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
No - can't get my head round ghosts

You don't need to --apparently
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Chr1st1an ->
You don't need to --apparently
..Or even apparitionally .

I believe there are genuine strange happenings that are attributed to ghosts but what a ghost is, I'm in more doubt about. It is really like a recording in the building or the earth that gets triggered under certain circumstances? Some say that's a possibility. Whatever, there just seems too many ghostly accounts written about for it to be only in the imagination.

I haven't experienced anything myself but I'm sure some people have.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
..Or even apparitionally .

I believe there are genuine strange happenings that are attributed to ghosts but what a ghost is, I'm in more doubt about. It is really like a recording in the building or the earth that gets triggered under certain circumstances? Some say that's a possibility. Whatever, there just seems too many ghostly accounts written about for it to be only in the imagination.

I haven't experienced anything myself but I'm sure some people have.
That has been my theory Mart, that it could be some sort of recording. My daughter saw a legion of Roman soldiers and the landlord of our local, which is haunted told us about a time he saw the same thing! We do have Roman remains in the area.

The pub has had several strange happenings, it is the oldest pub in Hampshire and the top of the stairs has a large area where coffins were kept ready for burial at the church opposite, very spooky.

My Aunt had the ghost of a young girl in her house, she died in a fire in the house years before.

I have personally had a very strange and scary event, I don't sleep very well now and always have some sort of light on. My local minister told me I had been visited by an angel. I don't particularly want that sort of visit again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 01:26 PM

No, I don't believe in ghosts but I'm quite willing to be proved wrong
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 04:04 PM

I do not believe in ghosts either.....
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 04:23 PM

I am sort of in the middle. I don't believe in ghosts but I have had some creepy experiences which are hard to explain. Perhaps it is a type of recording. We used to live in a very old house where all of us thought we saw people at one time or another. And things would move with no-one touching them. And once when we were playing with a OUIJA board as teenagers, a painting fell off the wall just when we asked if there was anyone there.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2010, 04:42 PM

I don't disbelieve in the existence of a creator nor do I disbelieve that there is a spirit world.

Until man can explain, convincingly, the reasons for so-called unexplained incidents and how the universe came into being then nothing can be discounted.

Right for starters can someone explain when time and infinity begun?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top