Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 08:46 AM

The debate.

Did anybody watch last nights debate between the political leaders? You have my admiration if you could stick through that for 2 hours!!

I watched the first 15 – 20 minutes and then got bored.. Ed Millaband really made me laugh with disbelief – spouting off about all the wonderful things he would do for our country if he was Prime Minister – including putting the minimum wage up to £8 an hour. Well ok – but he didn’t say how he was going to do it!

After that I’d had enough – Did you watch it and did you find it interesting?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 08:51 AM

Re: The debate.

I will be watching tonight Carol
Ed Milliband has impressed me recently - on a recent show he expressed his utter disgust at the bedroom tax, stating it was the worst example of taxation ever and he is right !!
Disabled people for example that need the extra room are penalised - its a disgusting tax and one I cannot forgive, even though it does not affect me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 08:59 AM

We were going to watch it then at last minute decided we had better things to do as we couldn't get that 2 hours back again if it was as dire as we expected.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I listened while doing other things.
I knew before hand that each politician had been allocated a certain limited amount of time so would have rehearsed to the last letter what to say on each topic that would be bound to arise.
This gave the whole thing a predictability and an air of being 'staged'.

For me there is nothing better than a soap box and a public meeting held on a street corner where the questions are not known in advance.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I didn't watch it as I can't be bothered with the lies and excuses. A friend has said the women on the debate ran rings round the men
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 09:04 AM

Listened to it, was as expected by all concerned, nothing new learned,all are claiming victory, only highspot was when an audience member challenged Cameron on soldiers living on the streets.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 09:14 AM

Yep - thank goodness for the British Legion
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 09:20 AM

AS said before...very staged. No winners, all losers this was the worst performance ever. And if the SNP woman, another fish! has anything to do with it not only have Scotland already stolen money from England they, if they haven't already, as I believe they have, will take the crown yet again and govern the UK!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Did anybody watch last nights debate between the political leaders? You have my admiration if you could stick through that for 2 hours!!

I watched the first 15 – 20 minutes and then got bored..
Ed Millaband really made me laugh with disbelief – spouting off about all the wonderful things he would do for our country if he was Prime Minister – including putting the minimum wage up to £8 an hour. Well ok – but he didn’t say how he was going to do it!

After that I’d had enough – Did you watch it and did you find it interesting?

Well you lasted 10 minutes longer than I did Carol.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2015, 09:50 AM

So how do you choose who to vote for ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top