Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2015, 08:13 PM

Snobs Attidues

At work most of our customers are multmillionaires , most of the properties we work at cost tens of millions , I alway found people that are worth hundreds of millions are ok , they kind of talk to you at your level , ibut found customers that comfortable off but not rich can be quite snobby , and tend to talk down to you , we had one customer today that ask a workmate to pick up her dogs phoo in the garden. He said no , and she got really ratty because he said no to her , she not rich but comfortable off, couple years ago we had a customer again not rich but comfortable off , when he arrive at her house and knock on the door , she said , how dare you knock on my front door , workmen likes of you always use the side door , it's always the less well off that are snobby
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2015, 08:26 PM

Re: Snobs Attidues

You may well be right M1, maybe they have more to prove but really it isn't worth wasting your time thinking about it, they are the way they are.
Forget about them and live your life for yourself.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2015, 08:34 PM

I have met quite a few very wealthy people through my work, and I too have found that wealthy people from old established families and businesses here are very easy to get on with, they know exactly what they want and never quibble about the price. I can’t stand petty snobbery.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2015, 10:25 PM

Old money is often relaxed in a way that new money cant be.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2015, 10:35 PM

I never tend to bump into folk from any extreme of the social/economic classes, so luckily have never had to witness self assumed status.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2015, 10:38 PM

I found exactly the same thing when working for BT and owning the kennels later on.

Those well off treated you as an equal and didn't have to prove anything or used to money being in the family.

I, like you, found it was those with "new money" generally wanted everyone to know and often less well off than we were.

All one has to remember we all have backsides doing the same thing, it is a great leveller.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
At work most of our customers are multmillionaires , most of the properties we work at cost tens of millions , I alway found people that are worth hundreds of millions are ok , they kind of talk to you at your level , ibut found customers that comfortable off but not rich can be quite snobby , and tend to talk down to you , we had one customer today that ask a workmate to pick up her dogs phoo in the garden. He said no , and she got really ratty because he said no to her , she not rich but comfortable off, couple years ago we had a customer again not rich but comfortable off , when he arrive at her house and knock on the door , she said , how dare you knock on my front door , workmen likes of you always use the side door , it's always the less well off that are snobby
Basically you can blame the British class system it still lingers with those clawing their way up that particular ladder.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 09:06 AM

Makes sense to me Markey and Bruce
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 03:17 PM

I too have worked for the extremely wealthy and at times aristocracy. Whilst in general I am not a cap doffer to the toffs and hate the historically imposed class system in this country. (Often stolen wealth and king given status). I have found that old dosh appreciate the tradesman's efforts and can relate to we classless workers with humility and decency. ( A cousin to the queen for whom I did work treated me like an old mate and even trotted out a cup of tea or two for me, she also showed great interest in the work I was doing for her). Unlike the wealthy I had to work to earn my crust, like any commodity, I sell my labour and skill. If I came across some jumped up their own ass, pseudo rich, that thought they could use their, self supposed superiority to disrespect me, then I would not sell them my labour. Simples.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 03:35 PM

@Dave - right an all .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top