Join for free
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 03:12 PM

Sophies Feathers

After losing my dear little cat Sophie, I got to wondering if animals spirits lived on. I had read of different people saying that they had found a white feather after losing loved ones so sent out the thought 'if her spirit lives on show me a feather'. On waking up the next morning, this was in the sky. Originally from aircraft vapour, the elements had given me my feather. In getting out of bed and finding a lens for my camera to cut the glare, I lost some definition, but for me, Sophie's feathers and very special to me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 03:25 PM

Re: Sophies Feathers

Beautiful picture
I believe very strongly if we have a bond with a person or pet, that bond will not be broken - keep those positive thoughts in your heart x
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 04:54 PM

A nice thought Alberta.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 08:26 PM

My lovely boy went missing on the 18th of March, he would have been 15 in June and he disappeared between 6 and 8am that morning.

He was never more than a few feet away in the time I had hime so it's left a massive big hole and it feels very quiet as I talked to him a lot and he talked back and understood in his kitty cat way.

Its difficult not knowing for sure that he is dead, and it was very hard thinking he could have been trapped somewhere.

Quite a few people have said that he may have gone off to die but I am really certain that going off to die was not what was on his mind that morning, he was in fine form and eating well. I would have know if the end was coming.

It's been a difficult 10 days or so.

I like the idea of Sophie's feathers, nice photo Alberta and sorry about your Sophie.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 11:42 PM

Anita some Animals do go off to die, my dog did i'm sure when i was young, he was a dog of 10yrs old, i don't think they was anything wrong with him but you always have that feeling... We never saw Sandy again i was heart broken.. I do hope your Cat is still alive and well, he might have found a friend
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2015, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Beautiful picture
I believe very strongly if we have a bond with a person or pet, that bond will not be broken - keep those positive thoughts in your heart x

Alberta, I agree with Patsy 100% here.
You must believe and trust whatever suits you personally, but I was taught love is the strongest emotion we have, and the bond of love cannot be broken, even when a person/pet has left this world.
I also like to believe the white feathers are a 'calling card' from the Angels, to let us know they have been there. These feathers turn up in unexpected places, so can't be passed off logically, as just a bird's feather from the garden.
And yes, animals have souls just the same as us. Every living creature has a soul or spirit.
I have got quite a few books on the subject with heaps of information and evidence, which I have found very comforting at difficult times in the past. Take care.x

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top