Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 08:26 PM

Winter fuel allowance eligibility

As you all know, I start receiving my State Pension this week, and my latest letter tells me I may also qualify for the Christmas Bonus.

Now, every time I try to check on eligibility for the WFA, the date is 'born before 5 July 1952'. The site says the date changes. When does it change to reflect this year? Does anyone know, who may have started to receive this recently?

Thanks.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 09:18 PM

Re: Winter fuel allowance eligibility

Sorry I can't help you Jazzi, I just want to congratulate you on getting the pension after your long wait, I wish you many many years of drawing it every week, make 'em bleed.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Sorry I can't help you Jazzi, I just want to congratulate you on getting the pension after your long wait, I wish you many many years of drawing it every week, make 'em bleed.
Thanks Jem. My letter today also tells me there will be a small increase in May. Wowee!
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
As you all know, I start receiving my State Pension this week, and my latest letter tells me I may also qualify for the Christmas Bonus.

Now, every time I try to check on eligibility for the WFA, the date is 'born before 5 July 1952'. The site says the date changes. When does it change to reflect this year? Does anyone know, who may have started to receive this recently?

Thanks.
Only from memory but I think.

If you were born on or before that date you will get it this year, If you were born 6 July 1952 you will have to wait till next year
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 08:51 AM

Yes Sue, but that was LAST YEAR's date - 2014-15. The website has not been updated to show THIS year - 2015-16. Maybe they're waiting until after the election?
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Yes Sue, but that was LAST YEAR's date - 2014-15. The website has not been updated to show THIS year - 2015-16. Maybe they're waiting until after the election?
I hoped to get my WFA allounce 11 years ago for that winter (just after my 60th birthday) t ... I was born 10th Oct the cut of date then was the end Sep so hit 60 no WFA

Nothing what so ever to do with the election.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 10:42 AM

Glad to hear it isn't an election issue.
I found this list which might be useful - or confusing.

http://www.web40571.clarahost.co.uk/...terFuel_AS.pdf
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 11:12 AM

for what the winter fuel allowance is, £200 a person or £100 each per couple,
you might as well not not get anything . It hardly pays for the meters let alone any gas /electricity/ coal etc.

I would love to see ANY politician try to keep a place warm for even part of the coldest days of winter on that amount.

It is pitiful to treat OAP's so badly when those on the dole who have never done a days work get a lot more with extra allowances. Pension is just over £100 per week that will let you get about 50 cheese rolls if your lucky.

I say kick out these politicians and put OAP's in parliament, the economy and national debt and national health would be sorted within a year. They are the ones that could do with £65,000 a year plus expenses
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

29-03-2015, 04:35 PM

Realspeed, that actually would pay for my winter electricity bill! I can keep my costs down. That £200 would come in handy.

GW, as you confirm, the website hasn't been updated for this year and that was my question...when do they so that?

Seems I have to be patient and just wait and see.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

29-03-2015, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Glad to hear it isn't an election issue.
I found this list which might be useful - or confusing.

http://www.web40571.clarahost.co.uk/...terFuel_AS.pdf

Ah, that IS useful. Thanks for the link.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top