Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 05:56 PM

Learn something each day

I think it would be good to learn something new, no matter how small, every day. Do you think that's possible?
It might help the old brain cells keep going too.
Have you learnt anything today?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 06:12 PM

Re: Learn something each day

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think it would be good to learn something new, no matter how small, every day. Do you think that's possible?
If we are normal, bright and alert Mups we will learn even tiny bits of information without actually realising it.

Focussing specifically on something that strikes you as a "learning incident" can be highly beneficial to the brain.

Make the most of it 'cos it's the equivalent of press-ups for your brain! stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
If we are normal, bright and alert Mups we will learn even tiny bits of information without actually realising it.

Focussing specifically on something that strikes you as a "learning incident" can be highly beneficial to the brain.

Make the most of it 'cos it's the equivalent of press-ups for your brain! stevmk2

Ooh, I like that Steve. Press-ups for the brain. Yes, very good.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 06:53 PM

I find I learn little bits nearly everyday and that only on this forum ! I do try to add to my skills as I move through life crochet is my learning experience at the moment. Did proper patch work last year and looking forward would like to applique next I think.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 07:32 PM

I suppose i do, the Internet has proven to be a great way to learn about things, todays brain food was about Ba in Steves thread and behavior in pair bonding rituals of Great-crested grebes on my lake.

I guess my problem is not learning new stuff its retaining it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 07:53 PM

I always try to learn something new everyday. following racing keeps my brain exercising especially now with the new flat season beginning, we'll have a whole string of new two year olds racing and between trying to remember the new names and forget the old over the hill names it keeps your little grey cells very active. I suppose it's the same for someone who follows football, all about remembering their names and what their last performance was like.
Dozeymare
Kent, UK
Dozeymare is female  Dozeymare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just to say .. My dear old dad always used to say from when I was diddly squat " learn one new fact a day and one new word" ... Took me until I was an adult ( im ashamed to say) to realise what he actually meant!!!!
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2015, 05:02 PM

I have just walked the dog again and I have learned that it has got considerably colder out there! Had to put extra heat on!
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2015, 05:14 PM

I do like to learn something new, every day if I can. As others have said, retaining it becomes a bit of a problem, but I particularly like trivia, just for the fun of it. Anything else will do though. I think it always helps to have an enquiring mind.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pappy ->
I do like to learn something new, every day if I can. As others have said, retaining it becomes a bit of a problem, but I particularly like trivia, just for the fun of it. Anything else will do though. I think it always helps to have an enquiring mind.
....and you learn a new Spanish word every morning

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top