Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 12:53 PM

Never talk to a Drunk

I was shopping at the local supermarket where I selected:
2 litres of 2% milk
A carton of eggs
1 litre of orange juice
A head of lettuce
A 250 Gram can of coffee
A 500 Gram pack of bacon

As I was unloading my items from the cart to check out, a drunk standing behind me watched as I placed the items in front of the cashier. While the check out girl was ringing up the purchases, the drunk calmly stated, 'You must be single.' I was a bit startled by this proclamation, but I was intrigued by the man's intuition, since I was indeed single. I looked at the six items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about my selections that could have tipped off the drunk to my marital status.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I said: 'Well, you know what, you're absolutely right. But how on earth did you know that?'

The drunk replied, 'Cause you're ugly.'
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 12:58 PM

Re: Never talk to a Drunk

Nah hen it`s cos you is using big words like proclamation,intrigued and words what is strung together.

Nay male likes that
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Thank you OG I'll remember that those words were just a slip of the tongue I usually know how to talk proper like.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 01:06 PM

A lady at a dinner party said to Winston Churchill, . . "you're drunk", . . . he replied, . . . "you're ugly madam, . . but tomorrow I shall be sober".
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

27-01-2010, 01:10 PM

That is one of my favourite quotes I wish I could have been there to see her face.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Good one CC but the poor thing. I guess that's when you really pass out the truth.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Just found this one attributed to Churchill

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top