Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 12:05 PM

Lidls and Aldi

Report huge crowds today. When asked why many stated -it`s Budget day.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 04:26 PM

Re: Lidls and Aldi

We have more than a few Lidl and Aldis here, very popular shops, but the last months we have noticed that Aldi is getting quite expensive. Their prices are not going up by cents, they are going up by euros. Lidl are the cheapest.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 04:43 PM

We always shop at Lidl they have some great bargains at just the right price for us. And it's no fuss and hassle free shopping as that's just what we like
Boots
Dorset UK
Boots is female  Boots has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 05:25 PM

Our nearest Lidl is always a mess with boxes in the aisles, difficulty in working out the prices, and all sorts of stuff mixed with things that don't seem to belong together. I go rarely, and then look for certain things. Although a lot of the stuff is cheaper, there are some things that are more expensive than the normal supermarkets, especially when they have offers.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 05:32 PM

My two local supermarkets are LIDL and Co-op.

I like LIDL, it always seems clean & bright somehow; and even apart from the prices, I like many of the products

There's nothing actually wrong with the Co-op; product range is good, the prices are OK, and I shop there often enough, but there's something about it I can't quite pin down; sort of dull or dreary, as if it could do with a damn good shake-up.

One of my hobbies is wood carving, and a while ago I treated myself to an expensive genuine Japanese Pull - saw, about £37
Six months later LIDL had a "Japanese style pull - saw" for £8; two interchangeable blades, a comfortable rubber handle, and I noticed it was made in Sweden. So I thought I'd try it.
As you might have guessed, the LIDL saw is excellent, and I use it far more than the expensive one.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 05:52 PM

Zuludog I agree I have found their range and quality to be excellent and prices extremely reasonable particularly when compared with the big three supermarkets.

However there does seem to be a breed of shopper who feel they are too posh to admit that anything can be cheaper and still be of good quality. To admit that would be bad for one's image doncha know.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Boots ->
Our nearest Lidl is always a mess with boxes in the aisles, difficulty in working out the prices, and all sorts of stuff mixed with things that don't seem to belong together. I go rarely, and then look for certain things. Although a lot of the stuff is cheaper, there are some things that are more expensive than the normal supermarkets, especially when they have offers.
Funny you should mention this today! I usually buy Mr A a case of Golden Goose when I go in. It has always been dead easy, just pick a box off the shelf. But now they have started putting the individual bottles on the shelf because some "monkey in a suit at Head Office" has decreed that it looks better that way! They are not even allowed to bring me out a case from the back!
Apparently customer convenience doesn't come into it! I rarely complain but this time I shall because the staff asked me to; they say that it takes them longer to get it out onto the shelves but they are given no extra time in which to do it plus customers are complaining!!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 06:24 PM

I have an Aldi round the corner and there's a great choice of stuff. I like Lidl for the home bakery. It always smells delicious . I'm a Morrisons shopper when I have the car, with a nip into the co-op now and then as it's virtually metres away.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 06:34 PM

I loathe supermarkets and normally only use them for cleaning products and heavy stuff. Have to admit I am impressed by Lidl though - especially like the provision of a packing table.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Report huge crowds today. When asked why many stated -it`s Budget day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top