Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 08:07 PM

Involuntary Body Noises.

The pub I was in today was packed with people from all over the planet, one big chap beside me at the bar was eating a ham and cheese roll and every now and then he let out a huge belch, he saw the surprised look on my face and said “It’s the thing to do in my Country, it means I’m enjoying it” and he smiled to reveal bits of tomato, cheese, and ham lodged between his gleaming white teeth. I haven’t a clue which Country he came from and Fair play to him, but I couldn't finish the pint in front of me so I bade him farewell, strange customs some folks have.
So I thought I'd ask the question. Which involuntary bodily noise do you dislike most?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 08:14 PM

Re: Involuntary Body Noises.

People snorting! Hate it and I usually mutter 'dirty b******s'.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 08:15 PM

A burp or passing wind unexpectedly can often make you smile but no excuses can be made for noisy eaters. Yuk
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 08:41 PM

That would have made me queasy Jem! Loud, deliberate burping or passing wind is just horrible. Let's face it, we all have wind, but just don't choose to let it rip for the sake of it. It's not a noise, but I hate folk talking with a gob full of food.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 09:49 PM

God the wife would brain me if she knew I was saying this, but her eldest sister Maisie has a habit of taking a sharp intake of breath every so often and making the ‘Whooooch’ type of sound at the end of it, drives me nuts sometimes. Phyllis (the wife) had the same habit many years ago but my two kids eventually got her out of it, she laughs now when we’re out and Maisie does it, but I’m afraid it’s too late now for Maisie to pack it in, she’s 84.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 09:51 PM

God bless Maisie, she enjoys it! My gran used to say " wherever ye may be let yer wind gang free"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
God bless Maisie, she enjoys it! My gran used to say " wherever ye may be let yer wind gang free"

That brought back memories Myra, my Dad used to say that about letting yer wind go free - and he did as well! Mum was always telling him off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 12:08 AM

[QUOTE=Jem;626696]The pub I was in today was packed with people from all over the planet, one big chap beside me at the bar was eating a ham and cheese roll and every now and then he let out a huge belch, he saw the surprised look on my face and said “It’s the thing to do in my Country, it means I’m enjoying it” and he smiled to reveal bits of tomato, cheese, and ham lodged between his gleaming white teeth. I haven’t a clue which Country he came from and Fair play to him, but I couldn't finish the pint in front of me so I bade him farewell, strange customs some folks have.
So I thought I'd ask the question. Which involuntary bodily noise do you dislike most?[/QUOTE]

Disgusting old devil Jem.
I don't like mouth burps or bottom burps!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 12:14 AM

My Dad used to say "Better an empty house than a bad tenant"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 12:33 AM

, I am off to bed and maybe volunteer some noises, if I fancy a night on the sofa that is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top