Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 02:07 PM

Sad news at the library.

Told by our IT tutor that he will no longer be at the library from May, and this would be his last course.

Then at the end he actually said to me, he has been made redundant, along with a few other colleagues!

I was shocked at the news, as is he. He is still trying to come to terms with it. Today even (given the news last week) he is extremely upset and feels like walking out, but knows he is committed til the end.

Of course, this means our future IT courses are in jeopardy, as the council have also got rid of the chap who runs the Saturday classes.

M is a lovely man and has a good work record, having given this branch 11 years, so why they chose him is a mystery. I will miss him.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 03:34 PM

Re: Sad news at the library.

That is sad ,it gives him very little time to find another job ,as i understand it , Councils are having to make cut backs because they have a smaller budget this year .It must be difficult on them having to choose which services must go .
I just hope they do not give themselves a wage rise .because they always seem to look after themselves.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 03:39 PM

Sad isn't it and yet the council tax carries on rising - wonder where it is all going !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 04:05 PM

That is bad news Janet , sadly it is happening in many places as less and less people use libraries...
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 04:13 PM

If there are a few of you who like him too Jazzi, why not
try and meet sometimes and maybe he might give a free
session. Maybe buy a bottle of wine or make a meal for him
to come around to one of your houses?
Lots of good people are losing their jobs with Councils.
Its not good but maybe there is another way of keeping
learning by befriending the teachers?
Just a thought. Good luck to him in finding a new job.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 05:31 PM

My local council just gave itself a 24% expenses pay increase while sanctioning another £40,000,000 of cuts, they are Labour and we are all in it together.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
If there are a few of you who like him too Jazzi, why not
try and meet sometimes and maybe he might give a free
session. Maybe buy a bottle of wine or make a meal for him
to come around to one of your houses?
Lots of good people are losing their jobs with Councils.
Its not good but maybe there is another way of keeping
learning by befriending the teachers?
Just a thought. Good luck to him in finding a new job.
No BE, I don't think that would be ideal somehow. I just can't see that happening.

He is hoping to get something else but I don't know what.

Our Council Tax is being frozen again this year. Now we know why! Get rid of employees. Grrrrrr.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
That is sad ,it gives him very little time to find another job ,as i understand it , Councils are having to make cut backs because they have a smaller budget this year .It must be difficult on them having to choose which services must go .
I just hope they do not give themselves a wage rise .because they always seem to look after themselves.
Good post, strange how they never seem to lose out. HUM.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

17-03-2015, 05:49 PM

He said he's at a loss to understand why they chose him (along with the others). Said he had an excellent work record, very little sick leave, and he's willing to run these IT classes. As I said, they've made a huge mistake.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 08:20 PM

So sorry to hear this Jazzi. Bad news all round for a few people involved in it all. Who comes up with these stupid ideas? Why don't they just leave things as they are

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top