Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 12:28 AM

I wish

Watching a programme on television tonight where various people have said I wish .............

What do you wish you had said or done, or not said or not done?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 05:53 AM

Re: I wish

Do regret saying will you marry me, turns out im not best suited to that state, it still haunts me to this day.

Also regret being talked into taking a career that suppressed my creative instincts.

Its been said its better to regret things you have done rather than the things you havent done. It would take a win on the lottery to let me achieve some of my goals to create something that will far outlive me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 04:39 PM

Tough one for me Pappy. So many years have gone by now that I’m not sure what I wished I shouldn’t have done and what I should have done, I can’t think of anything really, but whatever I’ve done it worked out great for the family and me. Maybe the wife and me should have had more children, we would have loved that, but she was so bad on the second child that we decided not to risk it again.
On the lighter side of my life, I was sitting in a dance hall many years ago with a workmate and two girls were dancing on the floor right up beside us (they used to dance with each other in those days until the lads came in from the pub next door) One of the girls winked in our direction and I said to my mate “Christ, I hope I don’t have to dance with that Dragon later on” “That’s my Sister” says he, you could light a cigarette off my face, I did regret saying that and should have kept my big mouth shut.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 04:46 PM

I wish my daughter and granddaughters enjoyed better health
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Tough one for me Pappy. So many years have gone by now that I’m not sure what I wished I shouldn’t have done and what I should have done, I can’t think of anything really, but whatever I’ve done it worked out great for the family and me. Maybe the wife and me should have had more children, we would have loved that, but she was so bad on the second child that we decided not to risk it again.
On the lighter side of my life, I was sitting in a dance hall many years ago with a workmate and two girls were dancing on the floor right up beside us (they used to dance with each other in those days until the lads came in from the pub next door) One of the girls winked in our direction and I said to my mate “Christ, I hope I don’t have to dance with that Dragon later on” “That’s my Sister” says he, you could light a cigarette off my face, I did regret saying that and should have kept my big mouth shut.
Oh dear Jem
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 09:54 PM

I wish we didn't listen to those around us and had stopped trying for a baby sooner, all the heart ache went with each pregnancy changed us both. We were happier when we said no more but the years of trying were too hard.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pappy ->
Watching a programme on television tonight where various people have said I wish .............

What do you wish you had said or done, or not said or not done?
at times I've wished I could turn back the clock..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 10:23 PM

I don't really wish. What will be will be. It always is.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 05:38 AM

I wish I was home again at home in my heart again
It's been a long time since my heart talked to me
Wastin' my precious days wishin' my life away
If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets in the sea

And if wishes were wishes I know where I'd be
Casting my net in the dark rolling sea
And if my net's empty when it comes back to shore
I'll throw it away and go fishing no more.

And I wish I was young again my song still to be sung again
The sweet tunes of my life have gone sour and off key
Writin' my tired old rhymes tryin to turn back time

I wish I could care again reach out and share again
Mend whats been broken and let it run free
The older I get it seems the more wishin' takes the place of dreams

Eric Bogel Irish folk tune.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2015, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Do regret saying will you marry me, turns out im not best suited to that state, it still haunts me to this day.

Also regret being talked into taking a career that suppressed my creative instincts.

Its been said its better to regret things you have done rather than the things you havent done. It would take a win on the lottery to let me achieve some of my goals to create something that will far outlive me.

I daren't say anything Nom, else you'll say I'm lecturing you again, but I really, really want to ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top