Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 10:48 PM

Bible thumpers at the door

Got rid of some bible thumpers yesterday inviting us to a meeting. Which religion have no idea but decided to have a little fun with them anyway. So off I go on one of my ramblings and kept them there for a good 10 minutes boring them with all and everything about who believes in what and about different religions all believing theirs is the right one.
After I had gone through 6 or 8 religions I asked now they knew theirs was the right one, bearing in mind I never found out what theirs was. Got them stumped and bowled out
Then I started on about throughout history the main cause of wars is about religion , by this time they wanted to run as fast as they could away is my guess.

OOOH I can be so annoying when I want to be, but it is a little sport I enjoy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 11:31 PM

Re: Bible thumpers at the door

If they had a Bible, I would guess they were Christians, or Jewish.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 11:43 PM

Oh you'll be damned forever Bazza, you won't be needing an overcoat where your going.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 11:49 PM

I used to get them. I had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses who made the mistake of knocking my door. In less than half an hour I had completely destroyed their entire belief system for them. For some reason, never been plagued with them since.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I used to get them. I had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses who made the mistake of knocking my door. In less than half an hour I had completely destroyed their entire belief system for them. For some reason, never been plagued with them since.

Did you have a sign on your Knocker "No Junk Faith".
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2015, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Did you have a sign on your Knocker "No Junk Faith".
No. I guess they went away waited until sunset and burnt an effigy of me whilst dancing naked around a bonfire. Either that or found that reality hurts too much to try their luck again. Whatever - I found the whole experience quite fulfilling and entertaining.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

16-03-2015, 12:07 AM

I always negotiate with folks who knock at my door, I respect the fact that they give their time to try to give an alternative perspective on stuff without recompense, that is laudable.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 12:23 AM

In the village where i live the bible thumpers stand in the main street hoping to convert people to their ways. But unfortunately they never speak to anyone to convert so why are they there? They have all there books and pamphlets but nothings said?
On Sunday's we see the same type of people standing in a remote area of our town as if to want to speak to someone, but whom because there's never anyone that walks near them? This is a strange phenomena. WHY???
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 12:46 AM

I simply don't answer the door if I'm not expecting callers, I can look through the window to check who it is without being seen
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 01:15 AM

i have absolutely no problem with people who want to believe in their own particular faith. What I do object to is when they try and push their beliefs on to others.

To me more important is trying to help others who ask for or need help, even though I might be proved wrong ,at least I can say "I Tried"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top