Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 05:37 PM

Trying to understand the system.

I've spent a few hours today on Government websites and general Help sites trying to work several things out and it ain't easy!
It seems to me that Yes, we are entitled to all sorts of things but actually getting them is a completely different matter.

One form I tried to fill-in was so ambiguous that I asked my wife to 'phone the Helpline.

20 minutes later she's still on hold so I told her to put down the 'phone when it said she was 38th in the queue - are they kidding or what?!
Shortly before though, a disembodied voice - could have been a real person - said that there was a Questionnaire to help on the site.

Was there FFffffffflippin' 'eck!?

The link didn't work so I tried another route that terminated after two stages, telling me that as I was under 25 I didn't qualify!

Trying yet another route I get told that as I am basically an illegal immigrant, (??), I need to refer to the Borders Agency - and so on.

Would I be a teensy bit cynical in thinking that - maybe - this is all deliberate?

I've now WRITTEN to the buggers and we will see what happens then.

One other thing you might find a little odd - I found a site, recommended by a Government website - that said I could fill in a test application to find out if I could apply for PIP.

I did.

I didn't realise it at first, even after three attempts until I checked it myself but the site actually ignores your responses to TWO questions, every, single time I tried it.
Soon be 8th May!! stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 05:41 PM

Re: Trying to understand the system.

They spend millions on these websites just to confuse and annoy people very few of them seem to work.

Our local council won't take payments no matter how you approach the website. Now they refuse payments at the offices too. Wait a while and we will see people in court for non payment I am betting.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 05:50 PM

Your dealing with a government department, they run on confusion -double talk - but the main one is wrong department and so the buck passing starts.

Even when you get through to someone its "sorry the person you want to speak to is -ill-on holiday -on another call ,when in actual fact it is tea break- having a pee- chatting about what they did the day before-or the best one, at a meeting.

You stand no chance, that is how our country runs.

Try asking about getting a duck pond house and you will get straight on to a member of parliament with plenty of experience
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
You stand no chance, that is how our country runs.

YAY! This is how our country doesn't run realspeed!

If this country was under immediate attack and we had to respond within a certain timescale we'd all be dead because modern technology, the "digital revolution", "proactive reaction" and all / any other pathetic little epithet that's bandied about these days depends entirely on one, simple thing and that's human competance.

We can't manage a whelk stall, even WITH the co-operation of the whelks. stevmk2stevmk2
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 08:38 PM

Oh Gawd Steve...I DO wish You would discontinue running This Country of Ours down so often...It's just SO depressing...Lighten up please..When I log-in here and see You whinging about it so often,it just puts Me off coming back to post on here....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 09:34 PM

Understand where you are coming from May .
If you ever watch Prime Ministers question time in the house of commons and the way our PM's act they are worse than a class full of children.

That is what is so depressing, the party leaders slagging each other off, with all and sundry clapping and cheering so much you can't here the questions and answers.

It is our money paying them and they treat it like a huge game not a serious question/answer time.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 09:58 PM

yes,I know this RS...and I am very much a Political Animal..believe Me :~)...but I really don't want to log-in to My only lovely Social Site to see this continuous denigration of Our Country..Of Course Everyone is entitled to disagree with this Government,,,(no-one more than I ) :} but We must realize surely just how lucky We are living in such a democratic Country compared to Others.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by May
We must realize surely just how lucky We are living in such a democratic Country compared to Others.
Your democracy is an illusion May. Sorry but there it is. You can no more decide how the country will be run than you can decide what weather you want. Your choices are all the same no matter who you vote for. They boil down to the same end point because ALL the candidates you can vote for are working for the same hidden masters.

Regardless of how you vote, you will be kept relatively unwealthy, you will work most of your life, you will pay taxes for things you never use, whilst the privileged and "club members" have the best of it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

13-03-2015, 10:27 PM

I know the way I want MY country (Scotland) to be run...May not be the same as You..but I shall ALWAYS vote as Women in the past died to allow Me to do just that...I'm an optimist,thank Gawd;;;onwards and upwards...:~)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2015, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh Gawd Steve...I DO wish You would discontinue running This Country of Ours down so often...It's just SO depressing...Lighten up please..When I log-in here and see You whinging about it so often,it just puts Me off coming back to post on here....
Easier said than done when you are faced with the way our country is being run, and you don't have to read Steve's posts or anyone else's if you don't want to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top