Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 08:41 PM

Time alone

Are you happy to spend time alone, or do you always want the company of others? I like company, but also like to spend some time on my own just to relax and think about things. i can enjoy my own company. No interruptions. Then I want a bit of good company and a good chat and laugh. It's a mixed bag for me.

How about you?
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 08:47 PM

Re: Time alone

Love time to myself , normanlly I get Saturday's to myself , I be honest the last time a friend come to my house was twenty plus years ago, love my own space
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 08:52 PM

I was like you Myra, i spent time on my own and loved it, but i liked to go out with friends also. I used to shop all day on a Saturday on my own, but meet up with friends in the evening.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 09:01 PM

I think we all need time to ourselves Myra, There are always plenty of folks dropping in and out of our house during the daytime hours, the wife comes from a very large family and there's still plenty of 'em left, and now the grandkids are teenagers they often bring friends in too. I am fortunate enough to be able to potter around the shed or take the dog for a walk if it's fine, I can also slip out for a quite pint into one of the many pubs where I am not much known, if I want company I usually go to my favourite local.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 09:07 PM

I get 3 hours to myself every Friday morning when Sheila meets up with her pal. It's nice to be on my own but I'm always glad when she comes back home.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 09:13 PM

Yes I like some 'me' time on my own......always glad when I hear hubby coming in the front door though.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 09:15 PM

Sue, like you I'll happily go shopping on my own. I actually prefer it. And swimming.

Jem, your family reminds me of my when my boys were younger and there was always someone in the house. When they went to play football - bliss

Alan you obviously love Sheila's company, which is nice.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 09:20 PM

I insist on my personal 'me' time and space when I come home from work and spend an hour or two doing my own thing before I can do anything family-wise.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

09-03-2015, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think we all need time to ourselves Myra, There are always plenty of folks dropping in and out of our house during the daytime hours, the wife comes from a very large family and there's still plenty of 'em left, and now the grandkids are teenagers they often bring friends in too. I am fortunate enough to be able to potter around the shed or take the dog for a walk if it's fine, I can also slip out for a quite pint into one of the many pubs where I am not much known, if I want company I usually go to my favourite local.
Jem you've reminded me of my gran's house. It was always full of family. I loved it. Of course I didn't think of it at the time, but she must've been glad when we all went home ;- . Happy memories
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 09:25 PM

I like to have time on my own, in fact more than like, I need. I love my family and my friends and I like spending time with them, but I do need an hour or so every day just to myself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top