Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 10:00 PM

Bits missing.

Why can't I see some pictures that are posted? Why is there just a blank square where the picture should be, and it has a small black circle with a line through it in the top left hand corner of the square.
Is it the way it has been posted, or something to do with my pop-up blocker?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 10:03 PM

Re: Bits missing.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Why can't I see some pictures that are posted? Why is there just a blank square where the picture should be, and it has a small black circle with a line through it in the top left hand corner of the square.
Is it the way it has been posted, or something to do with my pop-up blocker?
Hi Mups that can happen when a person moves/deletes a photograph on a host like Photobucket . When using Photobucket you are posting a link, move the post and the link is broken.

It is the same if someone posts a photograph linked to their album on here , move the photograph and the link is broken.

Sometimes it can be because your server is slow to load pictures .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 10:24 PM

Bits missing Mups? Strange how this question comes shortly after the grafting on of a new head thread, maybe they're working from the head down, going up to the bathroom now to see if everything is still where it's supposed to be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Bits missing Mups? Strange how this question comes shortly after the grafting on of a new head thread, maybe they're working from the head down, going up to the bathroom now to see if everything is still where it's supposed to be.:lol:

Ooh, I do hope everything's where you left it Jem.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-03-2015, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Mups that can happen when a person moves/deletes a photograph on a host like Photobucket . When using Photobucket you are posting a link, move the post and the link is broken.

It is the same if someone posts a photograph linked to their album on here , move the photograph and the link is broken.

Sometimes it can be because your server is slow to load pictures .

Meg, on the 'Animals and Pets' thread, at the start of the post about the Eagles Cam, that's a good example of nothing showing. Is that a video clip? It's ones like that are blocked out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:39 PM

Meg, on the 'Animals and Pets' thread, at the start of the post about the Eagles Cam, that's a good example of nothing showing. Is that a video clip? It's ones like that are blocked out.
do you mean this thread Mups ..

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=20341

I can't see anything missing ..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-03-2015, 12:10 AM

Yes, that's the one. But at this end, there is no picture or video or whatever it is, just an blank box, but all the writing is still underneath it.
It sometimes happens in other threads as well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-03-2015, 12:13 AM

Yes, that's the one. But at this end, there is no picture or video or whatever it is, just an blank box, but all the writing is still underneath it.
It sometimes happens in other threads as well.
Mups I can't find a post without a picture, what is the number of the post ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-03-2015, 12:19 AM

Its the very first opening post in the thread.
It must be something to do with my pop up blocker being over zealous I think.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 12:23 AM

I knew a few Girls with a "Pop Up Blocker".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top